“Nice pub!”

Macado's
Ranked #9 of 114 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Huge variety sit down sandwich / sub shop, regional chain.
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Great food, quick service and nice atmosphere. Food menu, plenty of TVs, inside and outside seating. Parking is a bit tricky, but ample. Great place for a meal and a beer!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Macado’s on a Wednesday night around 6:30. We were seated right away and our server took and delivered our drink orders promptly. She continued to provide friendly service and was as attentive as could reasonably be expected given the number of tables she was waiting on. This is one of those restaurants with a lengthy menu offering plenty of choices for the whole family. Unfortunately, the food was just not that great.

We started with an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, which consisted of 6 slices of tomatoes. Sadly, two pair (4/6 of the basket) had gotten stuck together in the fryer, rendering both the breading and the tomatoes badly undercooked and inedible. We mentioned it to the waitress when she checked in, but didn’t make a fuss. I sort of expected the dish to be comped; it wasn’t.

Round two went better. My daughter’s burger, my grandson’s chicken tenders, and my Reuben were all good. Not spectacular, but in line with what I’d expect from a good chain restaurant. One positive note was the milkshake my grandson ordered, which came in a cool cup with a light-up base. That was a big hit.

My daughter and I decided to split a piece of cheesecake for desert, and ordered it with the strawberries and cream topping. The slice of cheesecake was generous, but cheesecake itself was dry and bland, and the topping consisted of what can only have been a single strawberry cut into slices. A real disappointment.

It’s possible we hit the restaurant on a bad night - these things do happen. But based on our experience, we won’t be returning if we happen to visit Salem again.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a pleasant meal with family on a Saturday night. The outdoor area was a very nice setting. Good sandwiches and burgers.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I ordered a Paitly's Cobb Salad online and stopped by after 20 minutes to pick it up at about 7:30pm. Although the salad was ready, the accompanying salad dressing was not; I was told that the restaurant does not have the same choices as those listed when ordering online. That seemed strange to me. The salad itself was pretty standard, all of the ingredients listed on the menu were included. However, their were fewer ingredients on their Cobb salad than I have had elsewhere; no olives, no corn, and no tomato.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We were traveling back to Indiana from North Carolina. After a long day driving and with 2 small children we were pretty whipped. We checked in to our hotel and asked for a recommendation on where to eat. (Applebee's is right across the parking lot). We were told to go into town about 5 minutes up the road and what a find! This place is uniquely decorated with a large menu. We each (4 of us) had something different and none of us was disapointed. It's worth getting back in the car for a few more minutes.

Been to Macado's? Share your experiences!