All reviews hour drive indoor pool comfortable bed front desk next morning breakfast area staff was very friendly property roanoke tv highway college passing tub inns elevator
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The hotel is updated and the rooms are clean and spacious. Housekeeping does a great job in keeping the place clean and they are helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a nice offering of items and very friendly staff. The staff in charge of the breakfast were very helpful and went above and beyond to make everyone feel at home. They ware the only reason that I give this hotel 3 stars, without them it would have been 1 star.

The only amenity that we used was the pool and it was very nice. The location is a good one for attending events at Liberty University as we did.

The areas of improvement are:
1. Check in after midnight was horrendous with me having to stand outside of a locked door and call on the phone for over 30 minutes before anyone came, then when they did arrive, they were rude and nasty. I am a Silver Elite member and this rudeness really upset me I was already overly tired from the 7 hours drive and dealing with rude hotel staff was a bit more than I had planned for, so I let my husband deal with them. The overnight desk staff apologized to him for their behavior but no one ever approached me. I assume my absolute silence might have confused them.

2. The day staff were not super friendly either, not really used to that, I assume that maybe it is simply the way in Virginia? I certainly hope not.

3. The front lobby area had leaks due to the rain..maintenance needs to improve on the upkeep.

Overall, it was a good stay but as a result of the front desk staff, we will be staying in Lynchburg when my brother gets his Masters degree in 2 years because I will end up telling someone off next time and I do not like to lower myself to anyone's low level behavior.

Room Tip: Check in before 8pm to avoid the nasty overnight staff
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TA!

Receiving a warm welcome during check-in often times sets the tone for a great stay. Unfortunately, it was brought to my attention that we fell short of meeting your expectations when you arrived at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem. My apologies.

We are also in our final stages from construction, and are trying to complete some final touches.

In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure, I have shared your feedback with our team. I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed one night on our way from Asheville NC to Harpers Ferry WV. The hotel is new and the place was clean. Breakfast was the usual for this type of Marriott. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is not centrally located but transportation was not a problem.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at our brand NEW facility, we appreciate the feedback. We are looking forward to a restaurant across the street from us! We hope to host your stay again!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Beautifully appointed rooms. Very clean. Nice common area in the lobby. Rates include breakfast so a small family (we were 3) can get a great place to sleep plus a much-better-than-average breakfast buffet for around $100. we got in at 1 am and were gone by 9:30 am so not much to say except price, comfort, and a generally nice hotel, right off the interstate, make this worth a pitstop if you are traveling though.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for 5 stars! We really appreciate the feedback. If your travels brings you back to this area, we would love to host your stay again. Have a great day!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Love that this hotel is new. The rooms are spacious and the lobby area is very inviting. What makes the hotel better than most is the friendly staff. My sisters and I found ourselves in the Roanoke area after our father became suddenly ill. Arriving at 3am in Roanoke, after one hotel didn't even open the doors to let us in, we decided to try Fairfield and was immediately greeted by Nikki. She welcomed us and got us settled in our rooms quickly. Our stay was fantastic and the employees were so pleasant and helpful. We've returned to this hotel a couple of times over the last month or so, and each time, we have received the same high level of customer service. Consistently, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for an awesome review! We really appreciate the feedback. We strive to give every guest an exceptional experience and stay. We hope we are able to host your stay again when your travels brings you back to Salem VA. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Only installed this app to give Tony an awesome review. Approachable, personable and knew the best local spots to eat! He may not be on Broadway but stop by Sheraton... err... way (actually drive not to confuse anyone) and give Fairfield Inn and Suites a try (or just stop in to say to Tony, I'm not gonna judge)!

The accomodations were pretty sweet too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gubot157
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

This is awesome! I will be more than happy to give Tony the Tony Award! ;) Tony is a great asset to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Salem we are lucky to have him! It's great to hear that we were able to meet all your expectations during your stay!

We hope to host your stay again when your travels brings you back to Salem VA!