All reviews lewis gale hospital additional parking parking area parking lot the blue ridge parkway each morning front desk staff sitting area easy access very nice hotel oatmeal fresh fruit great place to stay clean rooms stay there again complimentary breakfast convenient location
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Staff is welcoming and accommodating Best breakfast at any Hampton I’ve stayed. Room was recently renovated and looked great. Only recommendation would be more lighting at desk area for work. My choice hotel when traveling to Salem.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Repeat guest. Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Also highly efficient. Will continue to stay here when we are in the area and reccomend yo anyone looking for a place to stay in the area. A+ service.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We picked the Hampton Inn because the website pictures looked great and it was a central location along our journey. When we arrived, the entire front of the hotel had been pulled off and it was under heavy construction inside and outside. We picked this hotel also because it has a pool, but when we arrived, that too was closed for renovations. My kids were majorly disappointed. I found it very irresponsible of the hotel to not have informed the booking site or have info about the construction on their own website. When I expressed my thoughts to front desk check-in, she said, "well, all our rates reflect the construction, so you're getting a good deal". I was too flabbergasted by her reasoning that I didn't bother saying any more about it. But I can tell you that we paid just as much for that hotel room as we would have for a room at the newly renovated Hampton Inn on the other side of town. The hotel is right next to a major hospital so that was a little bonus. There are several restaurants and a CVS within walking distance of the hotel, but you are taking your life in your hands if you do so. There are no really safe crossings on Electric Rd. and people do not tend to slow down.

Room Tip: I would pick one of the higher floors so the ambulance sirens might not be as loud up there.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Yes, we are under renovation at this time. On our website there is a large banner across the top that reads "Hotel is undergoing exterior and interior renovations. Our pool will be closed for the season as well. We will make every effort to reduce any impact to our guests, and apologize for any inconveniences caused while we are updating." . I'm sorry that you didn't notice but I can assure you that information is posted. We have one floor under renovation at a time not accessible to customers and have finished 2 floors to near completion. At this time our pricing is lower than normal for the season as is the other property you've mentioned. While it reads on their website "newly renovated" that was completed in June of 2016. While you should always be careful crossing a 4 lane highway, there are newly installed medians and push button crosswalks provided for your safety. I hope you have a chance to visit when we are finished with a new property.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We needed to come to Roanoke, on short notice, for a family funeral. We chose this hotel based on the reputation of Hampton Inn as well as the close location to the funeral service. Although undergoing renovations, the hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were beautiful, and the staff was incredibly helpful! I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

As a long time HHonors member, have stayed in numerous Hamptons, so had certain expectations. Other than the remodeling being done, this place met my expectations. Had nice local flair, comfortable setting and staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business