All reviews texas roadhouse hotel sits winding road the blue ridge mountains breakfast staff great stop nice hotel would highly recommend this hotel business trip room was spotless would definitely stay here again great place to stay excellent stay indoor pool easy access cookies road trip
Reviewed 30 March 2016

We stayed the night at this hotel because it was close to a bar where we were going to see our favorite band play. The hotel was really nice, brand new, extremely clean, and had a beautiful view of the City. The staff was extremely professional and courteous.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear oliver_2328,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our convenient location, clean rooms and friendly service. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Everything great. Up quite a hill. Hotel all new. We were very pleased. Restaurant bar pantry snacks and friendly staff. Would go back. River and Rail restaurant down in the town was excellent.*******

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear M627UWlisaf,

I'm glad that enjoyed our new accommodations and pretty views. We appreciate your attention to reviewing our hotel and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

The room was clean and freash. The location was good, but slightly hard to find. Housekeeping was great. The problem comes with checking out and breakfast at the hotel. It appears that the manager on-site has been cutting staff to the point where it is impacting guest experience. Each morning the breakfast area and front desk were understaffed. One day I did not have my order taken for almost 20 minutes and did not receive my check for almost 30 after I was done. The two (and on Easter, one) staff helping guests having breakfast were constantly busy and unable to keep up with the guests. I believe a number of people walked out without a check because they had places to be. The under-staffing led to no juices being available, restocking of breads not happening, and the general displeasure of all those present. some guests were talking to each other about how great the servers were doing with the staff they had, others were just frustrated and angry with how terrible the service was. I ended up having parts of my breakfast "comped" when I pointed out the times my wife and I had to wait each day. While sitting at breakfast it was also easy to see that the front desk was backing up. Again, only one staffer to handle the morning departures. Completely inadequate because one person with questions or special requests backs up the line for everyone. I mentioned the poor staffing at check-out and was told that it is normal and that the Manager thinks it is fine, but is never there to see the problem. I am returning to the area in a few weeks and have chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn instead of the Hilton Garden Inn due to the repeated poor experiences with breakfast service levels on my last trip. By the way, the food was fine when it was available, but the cooked-to-order items were sometimes cold by the time they reached me.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear TerranStryder,

I'm very sorry to hear of your poor experience during breakfast; please forgive us. Additionally, I regret your inefficient departure. We appreciate your feedback as it heightens our awareness of such issues. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will reconsider a return visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Hotel and general location is new, still construction going on around. Several places you can do a few hours worth of work around the property. Not too far from downtown area, also fairly close to greenway entrances - pretty important to me to get my runs in. Already booked my second week in Roanoke at this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Dear Jason G,

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to provide positive guest experiences. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Beautiful hotel and very helpful staff. Only 5 miles from the Elton John concert. Several good restaurants in the area made this location perfect for our weekend. The room was clean and comfortable. We liked having a Keurig coffeemaker in the room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dixie R,

Our associates make sincere hospitality their priority. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed our hotel and the level of service we provide. Thank you especially for recognizing the staff, I will be sure to share your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to the area!