All reviews laminate floors the mexican restaurant comfortable bed breakfast room king room stayed one night yogurt free breakfast would stay here again
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Made reservation about 6 or so hours before arriving on choice.com. Arrived 11pm, and obtained keys. Got to room and noticed lights were on--opened door and bed was unmade. Fearing that someone was already in the room, didn't open further and went back to desk. They apologized, told us they were full (had buses we hadn't seen), and offered the ONE room they had left. Gathered our things and went to that room--same story--light was on, room was dirty/unmade. Back to the desk for a refund as they had NO more rooms. I told the desk clerk that it was a shame that they couldn't book the rooms because they hadn't been cleaned, and he apologized (the shift change had happened during the 2nd bad room experience). So, tired and annoyed, we went across to the Motel 6, (where we hope we didn't pick up a disease from the nasty room.) But we got to sleep. No breakfast. Won't stop in Roanoke again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie K
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Leslie,
I am beyond words.. First off I am very sorry to hear of the horrific stay that you had with us here at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. I would really appreciate your time if you would not mind giving me a call at the property so that we can discuss this further that would be very much appreciated.

Chris Francisco
540.366.8861

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This hotel could use a little TLC. The room we had was clean but it had a smell that was either a stale smoke smell ( but was told it was a Non-Smoking room) or a smell of not being used for a while. If I stayed here again I would make sure that it was smell free. The breakfast was really good and fresh and the staff were friendly.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank DAYLEL_13

Dayle,
I love your response, "this hotel could use a little TLC". We could not agree with you more and that is exactly what we are working to do. It is such a coincidence that you mentioned you were unhappy with the odor of the room you stayed in during your stay. I just received a email from my Area Director introducing some new off the market machines that help with room odor and how a good percentage of guests first impression of a room is based off the odor when they walk into a room.
With that being said, we are working towards the appropriate steps to ensure that these issues of odors in some of the rooms are taken care of. Some guests that stay here are here long term for business and occasionally do leave a type of odor in the room that sometimes seems impossible to get rid of, However moving forward I think we have a solution to that problem.

Chris Francisco

Reviewed 22 March 2017

This is the best place to stay when traveling to Tenn. or Virginia. The staff ( that's you Shelly| are the best. She listened to my special request and helped us. If you need handicapped parking ask for drive up rooms. The fact that there is no rugs in the rooms makes it completely healthy sleeping. The breakfast is a must. They have the best breakfast ever. I have stayed at a lot of Choice Hotels and have never seen a spread like this.

Room tip: if handicapped ask for drive up rooms
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris F, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Guest,
I'm flattered, We love to hear things of your title "The Best Place to Stay", It really motivates our staff in knowing that their hard work shows. I see you stated you traveled from Tenn. to Virginia. I know that was probably a exhausting trip. I too occasionally make a trip to Tenn. (Knoxville) Once or twice a month to pick up my Step daughter and can only share your exhaustion of a trip like that. But the view is amazing.
Back to your review :) Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about how amazing your stay was. We hope to see you again soon should you travel back to Virginia.

Thank You!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped for the night, on our road trip, and asked for a king room. The room was nicely done over, with no carpet!! Nice! We settled in for a beverage before finding a spot to eat, and when the heater came on, sounded like a freight train.
Just about then, the phone rang, and it was Shelby, from the front desk, asking if our room was acceptable. I mentioned about the heater, and she was at our door, less than 5 minutes later, with keys to a new room. That was a wow experience! Thank you!
Breakfast was nice in the morning.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kkillamb
Reviewed 4 March 2017

This hotel is extremely run down and uncared for. I walked into our room and went to use the bathroom to find urine on the seat and under the seat and toilet paper unflushed in the toilet. I have stayed at 2 to 5 star hotels around the world and that was a first... Disgusting.

Date of stay: February 2017