All reviews indoor and outdoor pools starbucks coffee room service fitness center first floor hotel restaurant hot tub flat screen tv beds were very comfortable roanoke area sheraton xavier shula pet bellman refrigerator highway
Reviewed 3 April 2016

We stayed here while traveling through due to a recommendation from our daughter in law. The hotel clerk was amazing! When we came in he was helping another guest and apologized for our wait (which was nothing)! He told us all about the area and actually made me want to stay and explore for a week!! Our room was huge with the most comfy bed ever!! We will be back if going that way again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matt R, General Manager at Blue Ridge Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear mnew4,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you return to the Roanoke area.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night Easter weekend. Could not wait to get up early and leave.

Front desk staff was very nice and friendly....that's where the good experience ended.

Room was gross with stains all over the carpet, bathroom was so small and the toilet seat did not even fit.

Rooms are extremely noisy and you could here every person walk down the hall.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matt R, General Manager at Blue Ridge Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear Blackdog94,

I want to apologize for stay on your recent visit. Our staff is committed to the success of this property and we are disappointed we did not meet your expectations. We have discussed this as a team and are focused on improving these areas. We do hope your next stay with us will better demonstrate our commitment to our guests.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Excellent place to make conferences or trainings. Several meeting rooms, varying in size. Lobby and common areas are very nicely decorated, with a high class, fancy looking touch. Very good gym, indoor pool, and restaurant. Very close to the airport and to commercial areas.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Blue Ridge Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Victor A,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Roanoke area.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

What a wonderful weekend with only a few minor bumps. Ill make it simple with pros and cons...

Pros-
- The bellman that unloaded our car was wonderful and amazing got the trip started right! He was amazing to explain where everything was in the hotel. The man that checked us in was equally sweet. He was a quiet man that just did his job wonderfully and made sure that we got our room bag.
- The reception was wonderful. The bartender knew exactly what I was drinking and would make sure it was ready for me! The food actually surprised me how good it was for wedding food for that many people! Awesome job!
- Special shout out to the wedding planner that had to overcome a lot that weekend. She was absolutely fabulous!!!!

Cons-
- The poor chair in the room (816) needs some love. The side was peeling off of it. Maybe not the best decor for the room that is heavily used. Otherwise the room was great.
- Wish we had a microwave for our leftovers of the wonderful Roanoke restaurants!
- The pool... well it could use some tlc. The pool temp needs upped a little bit. It was COLD-- I'm originally a yankee and I can handle the cold but wowie!!! It looked a little.... murky too. Maybe needs a small chemical adjustment.
- The morning breakfast buffet could use a little.... oomph maybe? For 15 dollars a person it could have just been something more. My omelet was great though!!

I tried so hard to see the positive in it all. I know you can't please everyone, but you are doing a wonderful job there! Keep it up!

Room tip: We loved the 8th floor and had a great view of the mountains!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear jillstokes,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that we were able to deliver an excellent experience for the wedding. We have shared your comments regarding your encounters with our staff with our entire team. We do apologize for the few concerns you had regarding the room chair and pool, and want you to know that we are addressing them. We do have microwaves available upon request should you stay with us again. We hope you will have the opportunity to return again soon to enjoy Roanoke - Virginia's Blue Ridge!

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay both coming and going recently. When I returned home I realized I had left a sweater in my room. I called the same afternoon and left a voicemail for the housecleaning staff. Two days later when I hadn't heard from them, I called again. This time I spoke to the head of the housecleaning dept. She assured me she would look and return my call. Nothing. I called again....front desk girl put me thru to the voicemail again and assured me she would also remind them. Nothing. Just left a voicemail with the general manager. Wonder if HE will call me back? Will NOT stay here again if this is not resolved appropriately.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple