All reviewshollins universityroom was cleantypical hamptonoff the highwaystaff was friendlyeasy accessrestaurants in the areaindoor poolwould stay againcookiesbusiness centerconvenient locationfree breakfastfirst floorone night staynice stayfitness center
Reviewed 1 November 2016

If we travel this route again, we will book at this particular property. We met with dear friends and had supper at a nearby 'mom and pop' local restaurant: Hollywood. Good food. Easy on/off of I-81 too.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

One expects a better quality hotel when paying $100+ per night. Especially when Hilton Hotels are associated with Hampton Inn now. Not 'gold standard' but at least 'better'. Our room needed many small repairs, mediocre maintenance of some of them at best (exposed anchor screws by shower curtain rod, shower hot/cold handle fell right off, rust on side of tub, paint chipping, base boards missing). Bathroom door doesn't stay open and entrance door drags on floor. TV remote damaged, barely working.

2  Thank Lauri1499
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Came for the weekend from D.C. to enjoy turning leaves and mountains. Ended up in that hotel as it was right on the route 81 and reviews weren't so bad. The main issue with the hotel is poor management.
Our air conditioner was so noisy I wasn't able neither to sleep nor to switch it off. I came to the front desk on the Saturday morning wondering if they can fix it. The lady at the front desk wasn't treating me with respect nor she was at least apologetic about my problem. Instead she said she can't refund my money because I book it though the third party ( Booking.com) I asked again if they can fix it or at least turn it down or put us in the different room because we booked two nights. She said they completely sold out and they don't keep maintenance people over weekend.
Because we came with tight plans to explore the area and only needed place to crash and have a nice sleep we haven't have time to look at the different hotels options, pack and move out by 11 and check in somewhere else after 3pm for the second day in the row. After talking with Booking.com representative her option was to suggest us to move out.
We went to CVS to buy earplugs hoping that will solve our problem, but it didn't.
So, if you're adventurous enough to spent two sleepless night and still have enough power to enjoy without recharging and don't expect
the hotel staff to threat you well or be helpful that place is for you! Otherwise, avoid.
The name of the person at the reception was Helen Bryant, she is a General Manager Assistant.

1  Thank Marina T
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night while on the road. I thought the room was nice and met with what I expect from Hampton Inns. The room noise was not the best we've experienced but quieter than most. Not much ambient noise from the hall nor neighbors. The bed was pretty comfortable. The pillows are never as good as we have at home which why we take ours on the road. The bathroom did not have a vent fan so if you shower with the door closed, you will be in a near steam bath. The free breakfast was fair for the price. (Free so who is to complain). The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will gladly stay here again. I saw comments on the pool. I did not use the pool so I can't comment on that for this review.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

When we stay overnight in Roanoke we always choose the Hampton Inn at this location, because they have an indoor pool. The hotel is a typical Hampton Inn with breakfast, comfy beds and large rooms. The hotel room was fine, but I was unhappy with the pool this time. The water was too hot to spend any amount of time swimming. The temperature was more like being in a hot tub. I did complain to the front desk, so hopefully the pool temperature will improve by the time we make our return trip.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family