See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My family has been going to this campsite for generations. Its primitive, quite, tucked away from the busy world. Really lets you get back to nature and a nice area of the river to tube and shallow swim with the kids. The owners are just lovely wonderful people. We mostly just pay to park there and pull our canoes out, but have been coming for years. If your looking for peace and quite, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank alanecanoes
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I've been to this campground probably one hundred times over the past 10 years and just love it!! It's every bit worth my 2.5 hour drive each way to paddle one of this country's most amazing river resources with fun rapids and exceptional value! The kids I've taken down the river have talked about their experiences for years afterwards. I count myself fortunate as a human being to have spent so many river days on the Rappahannock along with Bald Eagles, Osprey, and Civil War images running through my head knowing what happened along the river's shores. It's also a very safe river and the campground alcohol free for a quality night of camping without noise from inebriated fellow campers late at night!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have camped at RRC 5 times this year. Each experience was just delightful. Katy and Steve care deeply about their guests and their campground. They take pride in all they do and truly try to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. The fishing is excellent on the river near the campground and also along the Fisherman's Kayak trip that is offered through RRC.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My husband and I didn't actually stay at the campground, but the family that runs it also offers kayaking, canoeing and tubing. Even though we were running late, the owners were really nice about it and just requested that we keep them posted about when we'd get there. We were given really good instructions about what the river looked like (they have a giant map) and then were dropped off. The rapids are not a big deal, which was good because we've only done this once before. The best part was just taking our time and swimming whenever we wanted, the river was really scenic. A really easy way to just get outside and do some swimming, the owners took care of the rest!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple