“The Happy Hour rules!”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 171 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluemont
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Reston restaurant is uniquely designed to create an inviting, original and relaxed atmosphere, where guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience. The menu is printed twice daily, featuring the signature "Fresh Fish" highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to aged steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. McCormick & Schmick's commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This review is based only on the Happy Hour menu. I've had good meals in the restaurant, but, in the bar for Happy Hour, you cannot go wrong if you have the tuna, the calamari, and, best of all - the cheeseburger. The latter, costing only $5, comes with plenty of good fries, and is a meal in itself. Treat yourself and have the burger!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Great happy hour between 5pm and 7pm, with $1.00 raw oysters on Wednesday and Saturday. After happy hour, we had a bunch of appetizers. The shrimp kisses, Maryland crab chowder and oysters Rockefeller were excellent. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I came to the restaurant for her birthday. I told them ahead of time and they said they would do something nice. I had been a regular and Mc and S when I worked in Washington and had not been to one for seven years. This was to be a treat for both of us. We had a drink at the bar, or rather next to the bar, because there were no seats. Evidently, a lot of bag ladies go to this bar because 7 of the seats were being held by bags with no one around.

We were seated on time, ordered he 10 greens salad to share, two main entrees,and a bottle of wine.

The salad was overdone with vinegar. Evidently, the 10 greens are not to be tasted.

I ordered the lobster tails and my wife had the sea scallops.

The sea scallops were supposed to be on a bed of crab hash. It was filled with red pepper which dominated the taste and crab was hard to find. The very few scallops on top were almost tasteless, but she did enjoy the sauteed spinach.

I made the mistake of ordering the lobster tails. They were the kind you get at the grocery store, formerly frozen and dating back years. They were rubbery and tough. If they were round you could have bounced them on the floor. The mash potatoes served with it simply was bland.... even with the lobster sauce.

The topper came when our waiter, serving at the table behind us, was asked about the lobster. Mark told him to ask me. I told him tough and rubbery so he didn't order it. You would think that Mark would have come over and asked about the lobster. He just walked away.

The maitre de... I assume (it was a guy in a sweater) had come by to ask about our food before we had taken a bite. He didn't show up again to ask about our meal. We were walking back to our car at the lot across the street as he was leaving when he asked about our meal. She told him how disappointed she was. His response: Come back and try us again! Arrogance without reason.

Sadly, my wife didn't get a piece of cake or even a cup cake.

There are dozens of good seafood restaurants in the area. I just assume people in Reston are desperate. I would prefer Bonefish because of great service and seafood that tastes like the restaurant wants return customers. In fact, as much as I dislike Red Lobster, I would go there before coming back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The food and service are excellent BUT since Reston Town Center has instituted pay parking, we refuse to go there. The argument that pay parking is for some hours and not others is missing the point because diners do not want to have to worry when parking is pay parking and when it is not. There are planty of other locations with free parking at all times.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

It’s been several years so we decided to return to M&S being in the mood for seafood. The bar was busy but the dining room nearly empty and very dark, badly needs an update.
The waitress was amiable but started pushing appetizers before we got our wine. Small pours, but that is pretty common yet annoying.
I ordered Mahi Mahi and my wife the trout. My fish was adequate over a bed of potatoes.
The almond crust overwhelmed the mildness of the trout, but the orzo side was actually quite fresh.
Overall an uninspired dinner.

Date of visit: February 2018