All reviewsfront desktarget storesandwich shoplonger termgas stationkitchen arealong termwithin walking distancelaundry roomhotel is greatexcellent customer servicedulles airportymcachipotlechicktammyfil
Reviewed 22 August 2015

Last weekend, I needed to get to an extremely early Sunday meeting out by Dullas (worst kind) and needed a place to stay the night before.

I have worked in hospitality for 20 years and currently work for the top hospitality consulting firm in the world and the staff here delivered.

This is not a Marriott or a Hilton...if you expect it to be in terms of creature comforts book at a Marriott or a Hilton; however, the staff here treated me like I was VIP at above mentioned Marriott or Hilton. They were bright, friendly, kind, and extremely accommodating.

I would stay here again for a business visit and know that this staff will do everything they can to make me feel welcome and take care of me - what else can you ask for?!

Room Tip: It is a very quiet area; however the back or courtyard are near silent...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m so pleased to read that you had a great stay at our hotel! I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly and accommodating staff. I’m thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

When I first found this Extended Stay, I was ecstatic to find such a cheap, short-term option for housing. I needed a place to stay during the summer for an internship, and this provided a convenient option without the additional costs of utilities or furnishing.

Unfortunately, I soon came to realize that I was trading price for quality. The housekeeping service is subpar at best (they really only change out towels and bedsheets). The Wi-Fi is abysmal - I paid for the upgraded Wi-Fi for one month and never achieved a Wi-Fi download speed higher than 1 Mbps. Don't even think about watching Netflix, let alone loading Gmail. The breakfast consists of muffins, fruit, oatmeal, Nutri-grain bars, and coffee, which works for a grab-and-go breakfast, but not for much more than that. The kitchen is awful, it's impossible to cook anything on the stove without setting off the smoke detector. Also, there's no oven, so cooking in general is difficult. At least once a week, my room key stopped working and I had to get it reset and/or replaced (which can be troublesome if that happens when the front desk is closed at night).

The stay does come with a free membership to the YMCA right around the corner, which is fantastic. Great amenities there, and the Chipotle, Target, Chick-Fil-A, and Potbelly all within walking distance are fantastic. Additionally, the Reston Town Center is just around the corner with a full shopping center.

Aside from that, the most redeeming factor of the hotel is Greg. He works the front desk in the morning during the weekdays, and he is the coolest person I have ever met at a hotel. Always goes out of his way to be helpful, wishes you a good day when you leave, super friendly.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I appreciate your comments regarding our location and staff; however, I apologize that our amenities were not to your satisfaction. In response to your feedback, I will be working with our staff to ensure we are clearly communicating our amenities as well as sharing your comments with our corporate office. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at res@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I am currently staying in that hotel,we are supposed to have the house cleaning two days back but still they havent come.I can see the hairs in the linens and we asked them to change it. No response. We requested for Towels we didnt get any. And also they dont have coins for laundry. poor customer service.No house keeping

Room Tip: Bring your own Towels and linens. Do not rely on these linens.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tasleem I I
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced. In response to your feedback, I will be speaking with our front desk staff to ensure we are responding to guest requests in a timely manner. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at res@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Managers are pleasant, rooms clean and price reasonable. Bed comfortable and shower was good. Easy to access. Has large refrigerator, microware and option to order dishes if you have extended stay. Breakfast has great coffee, muffin and fruit.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

I love staying at this hotel whenever I get the chance to . I work close by so it's really convenient. The GM is super sweet and extremely helpful ! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo