All reviews the cottages peaceful visit private deck hot breakfast general's quarters equestrian fireplace virginia
Reviewed 14 January 2017

My wife and I go to the wine pairings they have every two months. The quality of the food at the restaurant is first rate, and the rooms are gorgeous. It's a bit pricey, but for a special occasion, it's a great getaway for an anniversary, birthday, or any other special occasion.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
InnAdministrator, General Manager at Inn at Kelly's Ford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you Very much for your review!
We truly appreciate your patronage at our wine dinners.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

This inn is located on a large horse farm/riding academy. Peace and quiet surround you at this beautiful inn. All the rooms and cottages are gorgeous. You can have your breakfast served in your room if you so choose. A lovely dining room awaits you for dinner. A wonderful menu awaits your choice of entrees. The servings were delightful and tasty desserts capped the evening. the service was friendly and informative. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. We enjoyed a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Had a fantastic time, the barn staff were very pleasant and made me at ease, since I had not been on a horse in a very long time.
Having just recovered from a Total Knee Surgery from June, I certainly was apprehensive about getting on a horse, and wanted to be reassured that I was in good hands and that the horses were very trustworthy. I had a wonderful horse, he is a Haflinger, I was told, and he was a perfect gentleman. He made me feel at ease. The guide, Debbie, was also very encouraging to me, and the other staff members that were there at the barn could not have been nicer. Brian, was very nice, and took some great pictures on my cellphone to remember my day !!!! I want to go back again, and I highly recommend it to anyone that loves horses and enjoys beautiful country scenery. It was a beautiful day and I will treasure it forever. Thank you Twist, and thank you everyone at Kelly's Ford Equestrian Center Barn.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Can't speak for the inn but went to see my daughter and her horse at the barn and I have to say this is the nicest place I have been to that she has had a horse at in the last 30 years. Very well maintained property and pleasant people.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Hubby surprised me with a weekend at the Inn, and he booked the Eagles Nest - a whole house on a beautiful lot - quiet and serene right near the river. And the house is breath-taking and so elegantly furnished - hubby is ready to buy it and move it! His dream house. Can't wait to go back. Have suggested to a couple of friends that we should plan a couple's weekend escape from the kids and go stay! If I had to ding anything, it would be breakfast. Sat am was good but Sundays had obviously been made ahead of time and was waiting for our arrival... not quite what I've come to expect from their restaurant or the pub. The pub on Saturday evening was great - good food and a great musician! Truly, can't wait to go back and stay in the Eagles Nest house again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple