“Excellent choice for diners and those hosting events”

Magnolia's at the Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolia's at the Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Purcellville
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 23rd
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I ate at Magnolia's twice this weekend. The first time I had a late lunch on my own. I ordered the black grouper and fried oyster po' boy. There is a full liquor bar so I stared the meal with a drink and the home-made focaccia that was served soon after I was seated. It and the sandwich which followed were very good.
The next day, we had a celebration of my Mom's life there. The banquet staff did a wonderful job of providing food and drink and a comfortable room for the gathering. We had her 90th birthday party there 7 years ago and knew it would be the perfect place for this event.
Since I live in Florida, I can't get to Magnolia's often, but it's someplace I go whenever I am here.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had such a great time at Magnolia’s! Our server was just lovely, Elvia. Everything we ordered was delicious. We had the fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs and Shanghai street food for appetizers, the ribeye and scallops with the crispy Brussels sprouts and poutine fries. All of it was amazing, we are everything! Also, we enjoyed the cocktail selections - the Ideal Husband and the Chocolate martini are a must!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Visited for lunch with a group of friends. We were a fairly large party with reservations. Our waiter showed promptly and answered our questions and got our drink orders. He returned promptly with them and took our orders. Kitchen was super fast in returning with our orders. Wife chose the Grilled Meatloaf and I had the House Burger. The wife found the meatloaf to be fabulous although the green beans needed to be cooked more, and the burger was well above norm you find at most restaurants. Would return if looking for a nice place while in the area.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We have been dining at Magnolias now and again over the past 12 years and have never had bad food or service. The facility is appealing as well. Clearly, this is why we keep coming back. Tonight was no different. Doucette waited on us and was nothing less than wonderful. When I asked her about the crab legs vs the surf and turf she suggested the latter and was spot on. The sea bass was perfectly cooked and the filet could have been cut with a butter knife. I ordered the brussel sprouts, I donated the asparagus to my husband as I'm not a fan regardless where and how they are prepared, and the sprouts were just lovely. My husband had the prime rib which was prepared rare and looked absolutely wonderful. We had a very good fruit crunch for dessert and espresso martini. What a wonderful meal. We've been here for Easter Sunday before and for a family meal. Again, never disappointed and I'm sure you won't be either.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The restaurant is in an old mill, and authentic but pretty inside. From when you enter, to when you leave, first class service! The menu is inventive, with the old traditionals as well. The food comes beautifully presented and is tasty. I had the arugula, beet, chevron cheese salad with a salmon filet. It was amazing! My guest had the meatball sub and he was equally happy. They have a nice wine list and some inventive cocktails. The servers are on point and speedy. Overall, a wonderful lunch!