“Olde Towne Portsmouth's Hidden Treasure”
Review of Green Bean Cafe

Green Bean Cafe
Ranked #8 of 213 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Bowman's Garden Center in Olde Towne Portsmouth
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I have dined at restaurants in past years that were previously a church, a hardware store, a fire station, and a warehouse but in Olde Towne Portsmouth there is one that you're not likely to find hardly anywhere else.
Bowman' Garden Center is, well, a garden center that also has sort of a gift shop. And it also has a small cafe, Green Bean Cafe. I emphasize small because it's not the easiest place to get in due to popularity and lack of a sizable parking lot. But it's worth finding the right timing!!
Last week my wife and I thought our timing was bad again, until we saw the owner giving parking directions to a few cars and those directions gave us a great spot.
We entered and were taken to a private little table. And then we were amazed!
My lunch was a Virginia ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, perfectly toasted and garnished. The plate also had an orange section, melon slice, and a strawberry. Very tasty lunch which by the way also included delicious potato salad.
My wife had one of her favorites- a four-cheese toasted cheese sandwich on a similarly garnished plate.
We enjoyed this lunch more than any we have had in quite a while.
The owner and the waitstaff are very nice and eager to please. And of course the ambience is certainly different. I know that we will be back to the Green Bean Cafe.
If only we could call to reserve a parking space! Lol!
Seriously, try it! The food is very, very good!

1  Thank David S

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch. Such a unique place, tables tucked all around in a store basically. Service was great, food yummy. After eating stop and shop inside or go outside in the garden nursery. We picked up some plants too, reasonably priced.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

This place was a shock to me when I walked in. It was beautiful and offered tables with privacy and the decorations were awesome the food was fresh and also also this is one of my favorite places to go

1  Thank Merry T
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The Green Bean Cafe's decore is unique to say the least. Wasn't sure if we walked into an antique shop @ 1st. But were greeted by the staff that were Super friendly. We g poo t the low down on the daily specials,all sounded yummy. I chose the Santa Fe Turkey wrap & my wifey got the Salmon Benidict. All I can say is that we enjoyed every Bite! If you are in Portsmouth or near Portsmouth, you gotta give this place a taste. Again, don't let the decor fool ya. We'll be back!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This was my third time here - twice 4 lunch & once 4 Christmas. NEVER disappointed. I had the turkey & cranberry sandwich with soup and it was very good. Plate also came with fruit.and potato salad! We had to wait a bit as it was busy, but the eclectic surroundings were nice to look at. Some items were for purchase! Will definitely return again. GREAT JOB to whomever is the owner!

1  Thank Bridget815