“Bit disappointing - average”
Review of La Vela Restaurant

La Vela Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Whilst the service from one waitress was great, the other waitress was not so. The food was only average, it wasn't bad, bit it lacked the buzz we'd hoped for. We searched reviews and it seemed it was going to be good, but prob not worth going if you like great quality food, but if it's simple taste you're after then it was ok.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Food was outstanding. Service excellent. Venue a bit cheap looking but don't let that put you off.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I came here for my birthday and have also since been back.
The food was delicious, I had the Gnocchi and it melted in my mouth....
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Only a 10 min walk from Scarborough.
Great atmospheric Restaurant, well worth a visit.
A tip though- Book a table as gets very busy.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I dined at La Vela recently and my meal was really not up to scratch.
Let me begin by saying that the complimentary Arancini Balls are great as always. However the garlic bread was quite salty - why?
My wife ordered the Calamari Main for $26 and it was beautiful and tender and yummy.
I ordered the Pepper Scallopini and salad for a change at $32 and was so looking forward to it. Unfortunately it came with some pathetic pieces of off-cut potatoes about the size of a dice, a nice salad and my scallopini was over cooked to the point where it was very browned on both sides. Now although the green peppercorns, mustard, brandy, & cream sauce was delicious the well browned (burnt) scallopini overtook all the other flavours.
On the upside, service was polite and prompt.
Sorry about this La Vela but overall a poor effort.

1  Thank crackerjack181
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I am sitting in La Vela basking in the warm afterglow of my rigatoni arrabiata. I was recommended to come here by my bed and breakfast and am not disappointed. It's delicious authentic food, good atmosphere and efficient staff. It's Tuesday night and the place is packed so it tells you that this is no one-off.

The bed and breakfast told me "we've sent a lot of people over there and everyone has been happy". I understand why. This is great italian food, without any pretension, in a casual atmosphere. I'm glad I came.

1  Thank aimoverseas