Priceline
eDreams
All reviews the kitchen reef cafe caravan park hostel dorm facilities accommodation australia taps freshwater heaps
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

A great family holiday. Staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms were clean and well set out, facilities were good for shared facilities. Kids enjoy playing pool and table tennis. Enjoyed meeting other people. Most people were respectful of the noise level and kept it right down at night. We would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Label all of your food and pantry items with your name and date you checkout.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Waited for well over 10 minutes to be served at the bar. Staff member was checking someone in at the time, however she was doing so with no sense of urgency, and common sense would suggest doing the much quicker job first. Staff said customers at the front desk take absolute priority over the bar, but other staff prioritised the bar customers when we enquired and again when we checked in. If the license doesn't allow for outside drinks to be brought into the rooms, service at the bar should be reasonable.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen Irwin, General Manager at Ningaloo Coral Bay Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

CeejayLynnden,

Apologies for your wait with us.

We are a multi tasking team here at the Ningaloo Club so your patience is needed.
Thanks for choosing to stay and drink with us and we hope you stay again!

Remember we are part of Bayview so we also have a large sports bar right next door

Reviewed 10 July 2021

I booked two nights back in May to stay in July. The booking system on their website was extremely difficult to use and for payment we were required to do a bank transfer to an account, with a different reference number provided for each night. I paid a 50% deposit for two nights, and attached to the payment I wrote my name and “deposit for two nights.” I did not realise there was a price difference of $6 for the second night, so I had not paid the deposit in full. I received a phone call asking for payment and I explained that I had paid the deposit attached to one reference number, as it was silly to do two separate transfers when the booking was under the same name. As requested, I emailed a bank statement to Head Office as proof of purchase. They never replied to my email and if they had made me aware of the $6 difference I would have paid it. I then received an email days before I left saying my booking had been cancelled. I attempted to call the hostel 3 times to rectify the issue; however, there was no answer. When we arrived a member of reception staff (I assume a supervisor or manager as she personally cancelled our booking) was extremely rude and interrupted me as I tried to explain what had happened and that we intended to stay another night. When I explained that I had made/attempted to make contact with the company regarding the booking a total of FIVE times she replied “We’ve been flat out” without offering any apology.

Otherwise, the hostel itself was great! Amazing location, clean rooms and awesome facilities such as a camp kitchen, pool and bar on site. Also a massive thank you to Jazzy in reception who was absolutely lovely and so helpful! I see a lot of potential in this hostel, if management can sort itself out...

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 1 February 2021

I was very surprised at how clean the rooms were. The bathrooms were well maintained. The mattresses were a bit soft for my liking. The kitchen was however pretty run down, my plans to cook there went out the window, it was the only thing that let it down. The staff were very accommodating and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 31 January 2021

It is a good place to stay for one or two nights when you are travelling with friends. The group rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. There's also a nice pool and barbecue area. The burgers were really good. The staff was friendly and looked well after everything. The backpacker it located near the beach and within walking distance to many activities. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2020