“Clean Dorm Rooms”
Review of Ningaloo Club

Ningaloo Club
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here for 1 night as we arrived here on the Greyhound which meant we got there at 2am. We'd booked the night before so in reception was a basket filled with bed sheets and cuttlery each along with a room key. So we set up our beds and tried to get to sleep. But about 4 other people came in and there was only 1 more bed left in the 10 bed dorm so bit of a nightmare which resulted in a night staff having to come in and call our names out to try and sort it out so no sleep till 4am and check out is at 9.30! - We stayed at the BayView campsite after that. It's quite expensive as well and very backpackery.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ningaloo Club

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Admittedly some time since I stayed here, but deserving of some comments.
Five star hotel it is not....but a fun backpackers hostel it is.
Lively and enjoyable with a keep it simple, keep it fun philosophy - not necessarily cheap, but also not expensive....... in my opinion value for money.
The staff were always on hand and prepared to go the extra as best they could.
There are plenty of sea going excursions, quad bikes and a several day trip to Karajini (camping, walking, seeing and doing from a local operator can all be arranged here) If you have the time well worth it
Water is from a de-salination plant and will be "salty".....not for drinking but ok for washing and cooking.
Beer etc is canned and cold...there is draught a few hundred metres away at the other end of town at the "pub".
People are fun.
Coral Bay is a long way from "normal civilisation", but that's what its all about (for me anyway)...soak up the sun, the beach and the sea - go there to chill out and relax.
I have rated it well for what it is and where it is - it is what you make of it, but as I opened with - this is not a 5 star hotel holiday resort.... but I will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pick_E_Diner
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in a double room which had a double bed and a locker. It was relatively clean. You have pay a deposit for your plates and cutlery. And if you want pots and pans you have to get them at the bar every night. The kitchen is clean though. The showers are with salty water, which is not very nice after a day in the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Ningaloo Club hostel is fit for purpose but nothing special- though in Coral Bay there is limited choice.
The corridors are brightly painted with fish and reef photos, but this colourfulness doesn't reach the dorms. The dorm was tidy but dull- but the linen, carpets and cupboards all tired and bit grotty. Plus you're charged for blankets in the winter-when the nights are quite nippy.
The bathrooms again were fit for purpose; relatively clean and plentiful.
The kitchen was small and poorly equipped- though you don't have to rent crockery or cutlery. I used the bbq's to cook which were free and plentiful.
The communal areas, including bar, are next the pool -in the centre of the hostel - and do get busy. I stayed in a dorm facing the street rather than the pool so wasn't aware of the noise in the night that others mention.
The staff at reception could have tried harder to be nice.
The location is great for the south of Nigaloo NP and Coral Bay beach is 5minutes away.
I wouldn't recommend it but I wouldn't not sugest it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2010

At $110 per night for an ensuite room I was expecting a lot more. The room was like a small cell and the ensuite was disgusting. The carpet was filthy, there were ants everywhere and I don't believe the room had been cleaned from the last guests as I found drink spills on the bench and a few dollars. In the ensuite the hand basin was so small you couldn't even fit your hand in it, the shower curtain was mouldy and there were stains on everything. I do a lot of travelling and this was the worst I have stayed in for this price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Been to Ningaloo Club? Share your experiences!