“Great take away”

The Lobster Shack
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Cervantes
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We picked up three precooked class B crayfish for our evening meal. They were perfectly cooked and made a delicious meal along we our home prepared salad. Just make our a little garlic butter and you have something very yummy.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife ordered the $34 half crayfish while I ordered the $26 crayfish foll.

There was more crayfish meat in my roll than in the half crayfish and my wife had to pinch some from my roll.

There wasn't a lot of flavour and I only ate one third of the bread and the contents of the roll.

You can buy whole crayfish nearby for $35 or less. I'd recommend doing that.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stopped here for lunch as it had been recommended to us. I have to say from the recommendation we were expecting something better. It is effectively a lobster fast-food joint...it's ok if you are wanting that sort of food and expecting nothing more. Setting is ok but nothing to rave about. It's basically pile 'em in, move 'em out'. Can't really complain - it is what it is, and if you go with realistic expectations you probably won't be disappointed. It served as a useful stop off on the drive from Kalbarri to Perth. I don't recall it being outrageously expensive but it is probably slightly pricier than other less well known establishments along the route.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This was a late lunch after the pinnacles -

maybe we just missed a few tour groups (I would l hate to see when its busy) as when we arrived the crowds were a little less and there was the remains of the lobsters dishes over many tables / mainly outside.

ITS GREAT TO TRY LOCAL LOBSTER

Though it was not cheap at all and the serving was not massive but hey its seafood. So tow "large" lobsters needed up costing us around $80 - one served with rice and chips.

It would be nice to reduce on the chips as its often a waste as they don't always get eaten.

We were served by a lovely German Girl .....

Would I go back?

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We tried the normal lobster (ungraded) and the more expensive one (had different grades). The normal lobster was mediocre, nothing special. The more expensive one was chewier and sweeter. The fried rice could be passed, you do not have to order it. Prawns in the bucket looked great but not as crunchy sweet as Exmouth prawns. Overall, would not go back there again.