All reviews drawing room sweetwater cafe claw foot bath yarra valley large balcony yarra suite course dinner head chef marble bathroom dining experience high tea my husband's birthday wine tasting gardens are beautiful buffet items turn down service wedding anniversary
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Rated a 4.5 really. Staff were wonderfully helpful and polite. Took off half a point because they gave us a late check out but then rang at the regular checkout time to hurry us up. Poor communication meant that one glitch on a wonderful stay. Bed was firm but was 2 singles pushed together. Quiet. Amazing rooms. Friendly, genuine staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had our first stay at this location last night. It was absolutely wonderful. Our room was spotless, and beautiful. There are so many features to this spot, a winery, wine tasting, lovely gardens, and the building itself is pretty special. Lounge areas to relax with open fires, a lovely restaurant, all set in the beautiful Yarra Valley.A perfect destination.

Room Tip: We were in one the cheapest, the "Garden Suite" category, which simply beautiful, with its own private balcony & a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

From the moment we visited CYH on our search for a venue to hold a special family celebration - right through to the actual birthday celebration we were impressed with the staff's professionalism and friendliness. We held an 85th birthday high tea in the Drawing Room - and it was fabulous. The room is beautiful and the fireplace, furniture, and in fact the whole set up created a wonderful atmosphere. The food was fabulous including that specially prepared for several coeliacs. Thank you CYH.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I'm sitting on the verandah watching the trees swaying in the wind. It's nearly check out time and I don't want to leave. This is my 5th stay at the Chateau and it never fails to enchant me. From the warm welcome at reception, to the luxurious rooms and exquisite cuisine, it is always consistently amazing. The surrounding gardens and vineyards create a unique setting and experience. I can't wait to be back again. Highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I haven't been to the Yarra Valley for years and so decided to have a bit of luxury for a beautiful stay with my daughter. Could not fault anything from the time we checked in to unfortunately when we had to leave! The service, the room the whole ambiance of the place is just magnificent! Would love to come again when its warmer to explore the beautiful grounds and garden.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple