All reviews drawing room sweetwater cafe claw foot bath yarra valley large balcony yarra suite course dinner head chef marble bathroom dining experience high tea my husband's birthday wine tasting gardens are beautiful buffet items turn down service wedding anniversary
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had a wonderful experience celebrating my husband's birthday at Chateau Yering and booked the stay through the Red Balloon website. The historic hotel was extremely comfortable and the dinner at Eleonore's or the breakfast at Sweetwater cafe was a fantastic experience. The staff even went out of their way to sign on a birthday card for my husband and surprised him with a candle on his dessert. We loved the Yering station which provided us with free wine tasting and we bought a whole box of wine with us to bring home for friends and family to share.

When we checked out the next morning however, we were informed by the receptionist that the red balloon voucher we have provided for the stay was redeemed already for another experience, thus will need to provide the right voucher. I explained that this was incorrect as we had redeemed that particular voucher for the stay at Chateau Yering and asked both the receptionist and manager to check this with Red Balloon Company as we had received confirmation regarding our stay from the hotel after submitting the voucher online earlier in April this year. My husband also further explained that even though the copy of the voucher we provided at the check-in was not the right amount for the stay, we have topped up the rest with Red Balloon Company website before redeeming the experience.

However, the hotel manager still insisted that we provide the right voucher from Red Balloon. And it was impossible to contact Red Balloon on a Sunday. Thus I took my laptop out from my luggage, logged into red balloon website and downloaded and emailed the voucher to them on the spot. And my husband even showed our online bank transfer to Red Balloon at the spot too to clear up the misunderstanding that we haven't paid for the stay.

This was stressful at the time as we were planning a 5 hr hike today at Yarra Glen and we were hoping for a smooth and easy checkout at the Chateau. I hope whoever books this Red Balloon experience with Chateau Yering to know to print their voucher (the correct voucher) out in advance to bring to their stay. Also I would suggest to Chateau Yering to check the customer's voucher with Red Balloon prior to confirming their guests for a stay and confirm the receipt of the voucher at check in, rather than ask for that at the check out.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kakanova
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Good location next door to beautiful winery. The decor in the bedroom was as aspected from the photos on the website. The hotel itself is very run down on the outside which was disappointing. The gardens were nice and well maintained. The swimming pool was full of leaves and frogs and needed repairing - it just did not look inviting at all. The tennis courts were also very run down and neglected. The pool and tennis courts are not shown on the website so if you are planning to use these facilities, don't be disappointed. In addition the restaurant had a set menu (2 course or 3 course) which was very pricey.
It was nice to get away to Yerring, but wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic rooms with great attention to detail. The area and scenery were great with a range of places to visit without having to travel to far. The restaurant was five star for food and service as was the breakfast bar. Will certainly be going back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Took my partner away for as a surprise overnight stay, for her birthday. The welcome was warm and inviting, as always. Tom took us to our room and there was a welcome bottle of bubbly. Tom went the extra mile, to make sure we were comfortable in the room.
The garden room was large with king bed, table & chairs, couch, large well appointed bathroom, with free wi-fi. We were lucky to get the same room we had a year ago.

All the staff were great and we highly compliment them. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Everything was perfect during our short stay. Check in was simple and swift with a very friendly welcome. Our suite was beautiful, with everything we could need - and a spectacular view from our balcony to boot.

Dinner at Eleonore's was amazing and we lingered over drinks in the gorgeous drawing room afterwards.

We enjoyed a walk around the gardens as well as a wine tasting, and the location is perfect for exploring the delights of the Yarra Valley. I can't wait to return, hopefully for a longer stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple