All reviews drawing room sweetwater cafe claw foot bath yarra valley large balcony yarra suite course dinner head chef marble bathroom dining experience high tea my husband's birthday wine tasting gardens are beautiful buffet items turn down service wedding anniversary
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Large well equipped rooms decorated appropriately for the historical hotel that it is. Very impressive bathroom,well supplied with everything you would expect. The staff were excellent without exception. Lovely communal areas but it would have been nice to a bar to relax in and have a drink. Very quiet and peaceful when I was there. It was a Sunday night. It might be different if there was a function or wedding on.

Room Tip: My garden suite overlook a grassy area. It is not really a garden. There are beautiful views available I think
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Peaceful oldy worldy charm, pleasant rooms with large bathrooms.The end suites are the best as you get the added bonus of a downhill countryside view, the other rooms look across the lawn at each other. Informal breakfast room with good flexible choice of food. Service slow on the first morning (lacked a 'maitre'd'/someone overseeing service) we were served 15" apart...not good when one person has finished and the other is yet to start even at breakfast.Improved the next morning with the presence of someone more 'senior' Pleasant reception staff..

Room Tip: End suites- best view
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

excellent location with warm friendly staff and luxurious surroundings.
the room was tastefully decorated and furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable and cosy.
the dining experience was delightful with stunning views from out of the window.
the food was exceptional along with the choice of wines...all served by knowledgeable and courteous staff.

Room Tip: don't forget your bathers
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traffordkelly
Reviewed 4 April 2017

My wife and I stayed here 1 night April 2017, A very historical place in which its history is written about in the room guide book, we found the staff and service most friendly and very helpful, the chateau interior is very well presented with all furnishings and paintings keeping its history alive and very well appointed, we stayed in the Sullivan room - very well appointed and again reflected the historic period of its time, large room and very comfortable with complimentary chocolates and wine tasting voucher next door at Yering Station . We dined for dinner at Eleanor's restaurant, a beautiful large room and again very well and period appointed, found all staff very good and thought this is going to be wonderful, the menu I found to be period related fine dinning but for me I felt the menu was a bit confusing using culinary terms I'm not familiar with and didn't quite make sense, I was rather disappointed with the entrée and desert I chose as the entrée was rather tasteless, bland and cold and did not reflect how I interpreted the menu, the desert - again not what I envisaged and rather odd tasting, the saviour was the main, the duck - simply delicious, how ever I am still still confused why Chateau Yering doesn't offer the wines from Yering Station vine yard - which is right next door - in their restaurant ? and found the wines offered well over priced and for what we had - not as nice as the wines we tasted as Yering Station.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We bought a packaged stay overnight at the Chateau Yering Hotel + Go Wild Balloon next early morning and paid $1,168 including $98 dinner and breakfast. Ballooning is a good experience, but we were not happy with our stay and dinner at the Chateau for the high price charged. The hotel's facilities are quite old. We had to ask to change room as we were put at a room right next to a wedding reception, imagine the noise for a good night sleep!

The dining experience was an unpleasant one. My husband and I were the first guests to arrive at 6 pm. We wanted to sleep early for the next morning balloon flight. It took a long, long time for each course to be served, and we had to repeatedly call for the waitress to bring out our food, but still no one seemed to care, by the time we got our coffee and desert, it was almost 9.30 pm, over 3 hours just for dinner!

A little warning: When you walk to the car park early at 5.30 am to be picked up by the carrier to ride the balloon, watch out for the sharp corners of those flowers bed at the Chateau, they couldn't be seen and I fell, fortunately I wasn't hurt much and could still make it to the balloon flight that morning.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple