“Hopeless”

Starbus Shuttle
Ranked #8 of 12 things to do in Tullamarine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Starbus offers a shuttle service to and from Melbourne Airport 7 days a week between 6am to 6pm. Prices start from only $18 one way or $30 for a return journey. We service Melbourne City and many suburbs close to the City including Carlton, Docklands, St Kilda, South Yarra, East Melbourne, Jolimont, West Melbourne, North Melbourne and much more. Call today or book online! It's easy.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

1st experience - Driver had no idea where my hotel was despite it being on their route, he parked down the road and after 15 mins of phone tag with the office they finally found him and insisted I walk around the block and across the road dragging my luggage because he was still confused and claimed he had a nice carpark so didn't want to give it up. Once he picked me up we ended up driving past where he was supposed to pick me up in the first place!!!! All the customers were late, Starbus couldn't care less.
2nd experience - Tried to book my parents a pick up from the Pullman online, credit card didn't work so I rang them. The phone operator couldn't understand English, he didn't recognize the name 'Pullman' despite it being on their route. He claimed the credit card didn't work because it was an international one??? Isn't that their business... to deal with international guests, what a stupid excuse. He was frazzled due to his obvious incompetency so when I went to get another credit card, he hung up on me!!! Seriously? He thinks on behalf of Starbus' owners/shareholders, that he gets to choose which customers are worthy?, OR again the culture clash left him not understanding that I put the phone down for 10 seconds while I got my card.
3rd experience - There wont be one!!!!!

1  Thank Freckle1975
"on arrival"
in 4 reviews
"shuttle service"

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I am not happy! I was told by the driver he did not know exactly where the accommodation was. He said he could not drive me to the accommodation because the construction works stopped him. He said to me "go up the alleyway". I told him I had not travelled to this area before, and did not know my way. He said he did not know where the apartments were but they were 'somewhere up there', as he pointed up the alley. Well, here I was carrying a 23kg suitcase and 2 bags over my shoulders, walking around the streets of Melbourne because I could not find the accommodation. It took me 2 hours to find the apartments. Nope, google maps was not working, as it gets confused with all the skyscrapers in the area. I was lucky, a nice construction worker noticed me walking in the area, and thought I was lost. He walked me to the apartments. When I contacted Starbus shuttle they said I was dropped outside the apartments. NO refund. What a nightmare...never again Starbus...never again...plus I will tell my colleagues and friends the same..by the way..I caught an Uber back to the airport for my return trip.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Every time I call to speak to them I have to ask my question multiple times and the operator acts like I'm a complete idiot. I was asking very basic questions like what time will you be there to pick us up, what number do we call if they don't show up, what does the bus look like, what time do you suggest we get to the airport. All of this was info he should have given up front. Not only did I have to ask for all the answers but it was super frustrating to deal with his flippant rude responses that included the most minimal information possible. He wouldn't even send me an email confirmation so that I could have details and contract info. Seemed very unprofessional. I dreaded having to call them with new questions/ to get the info confirmed.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I like that they offer pick ups outside the airport when leaving melbourne.

Took a shuttle bus from my apt in carlton to the airport which costs $22

I thought it was reasonable priced as the driver was on time and helped load 2 of my luggages.