“Gem in Mt Beauty”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful service, thanks Callum . Meals were superb. Lovely ragu, amazing traditional flavours in Mt Beauty.

1  Thank OliverGoldsmith1971

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had an excellent dinner there the other Friday night. My pork chop was to die for and the desert - Blue Cheese Brushetta with noble wine was magnificent. We will be back next time we are in Mt Beauty

2  Thank MMeehan_13
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Roi's was recommended to us by the gel we stayed, which was nearby and a convenient walking distance. I'd suggest making a booking on a weekend night as I is popular with the locals.

The building itself looks pleasant from the outside, and the inside is a unique and funky revamp of an old hall. I enjoyed flipping through the old cook books on the bookshelf.

The service was friendly and welcoming.

We had a lot of trouble choosing what to order - the menu is comprehensive, delicious but not too long that it's impossible to choose. I settled for the beef ribs and my partner had the fish special.

It was delicious. I cannot fault the meal at all. The meat was well cooked with delicious crunchy veggies and mash and the fish was delightful cooked in a herby omelette.

We had the chocolate mousse for dessert which was also amazing.

The only criticism is that the beer list is quite limited - with so many local breweries it would be nice to see a local selection. The wine list is limited but sufficient with some local options.

Highly recommended - if you're in the area Roi's is definitely worth a visit.

4  Thank Artie S
Reviewed 22 December 2013

After 15 years, this is still one of my favourite restaurants. The rustic Italian dishes are often re-inventions of classic Italian flavours — 'cheffy' without being over-worked, and with generous serves. The ingredients are fresh and wholesome. The restaurant floor has an eccentric atmosphere like no other. Owners Sue ad Roi are nice people, and Roi Rigoni goes about his cooking with a lot of heart. I can only say I wish I got there more often.

2  Thank Jacqui D
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Enjoyed the experience at Roi's immensely, warm atmosphere and friendly, attentive service. Great food - the wild scallops with citrus salsa were particularly yummy and the homemade ice cream was exceptional and just the right way to end a lovely meal! Looking forward to a return visit soon.

2  Thank Bkile