Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Bogong Horseback Adventures tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews national park beautiful scenery high country coming back on site these guys friendly staff few times at home horse riding hour ride mount beauty falls creek natural horsemanship trot and canter baird family great ride
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Due to injury recovery, only my adult son( who trains in Natural Horsemanship in Europe) experienced the rides, but I did stand in on the full preparation one day, noting the care in which they selected horses and tack for each rider and their ability, the lengthy educative demonstration pre ride about how to treat and ride their horses give a clear indication of the professionalism of this family run business. Pre ride information is sought at the time of booking to ensure they have a horse suitable for you. Appropriate footwear is recommended and safety hats are provided if you don't have your own.
We also stayed on site and you can read my full review of Silver Spur Stay on tripadvisor as well. Beautiful views and wonderful overall experience...we will return.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We had gone on this adventure web some family friends. The owners and family were very friendly and had welcomed us warmly. Our ride was good although besides one of our horses that didn't want to canter. I was on Joker and he was very well trained and obedient and only sometimes did he not do the right thing. Would have loved to stay here and enjoy a long horse ride.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Friendly family from the moment you park your car. The horses are well trained and lovely to ride. Great for beginners and for anyone who know how to ride a horse. The views are amazing with mountains and lakes.

Thanks,
Sarah & Lindsay

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The Mt Fainter pack trip adventure starts the time you step foot on Spring Spur, great location, fantastic facility and the vision splendid Baird Family.

No matter your level of horsemanship, or camping experience everything is carefully catered for, awesome horses, amazing camps and great people.

What more could you ask for.

Thanks all...

Cheers,
Mark

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This is the best trail ride I have ever been to. Since having my own horse when I was younger I would consider myself an experienced rider. However, for the last 15 years I have only had the chance to be on a horse 2-3 times a year on trail rides across Victoria.
This was not just another trail ride where you just sit on a horse - you actually got to ride the horse. The horsemanship practised by this family (3rd generation in the trail ride business) is outstanding and it was beautiful to see the mutual respect between the handler and the horse. A thorough introduction to their horses and the way they communicate with them made it clear for the novice as well as the experienced rider that this is going to be a good ride.
I would highly recommend to go on the half day ride (at least) and stay overnight to also enjoy the fabulous food, accommodation and company.

Date of experience: May 2016