Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kara L

Excellent except the nightclub noise

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 June 2022
Checkin was a breeze. It was nice and quick. The Staff were all friendly. Breakfast at the Orchard was yummy. The room was spacious and new. Nice and clean. We loved the rain shower. The beds were comfortable, including the sofa bed that the 2 children slept on.

The downside…. The night club across the road plays music ALL night. Pack your ear plugs. My husband commented on day two to staff who advised that they often get complaints about the music and they can call the club to ask for it to be turned down. On the third night I was so tired and over it. We called reception to complain about the noise and were told someone would call us back. No one ever did. I’m not sure what would have been achieved by calling us back anyway. The music went all night. Request a room at the back of the hotel!!

Without the nightclub noise we would certainly stay again (and give it a 5/5).
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Craig Delaland, General Manager at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood, responded to this review
Responded 4 July 2022
Hi Kara,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood.
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I've passed your positive comments on to our departments.

We do sincerely regret the disruption to your stay from the nightclub noise and assure that this is an issue that is being addressed. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can give that 5/5 experience.

Warm regards,
Standard Suite, 1 Queen Bed
AU$128
5.2 km from The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood
View more hotels in Ringwood
All reviews room was spacious every aspect blackout curtains great hotel secure parking short stay a great stay across the road orchard kitchenette fireplace staycation bowl nightclub suburb balcony luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2022

As a regular traveller to Melbourne for business, there aren't many great hotel options in the Ringwood and surrounding suburb areas. Generally I always stay at the Sage. I finally gave The Sebel a try and I won't go back to Sage, this place is excellent. Excellent room, clean, new, up market. Great restaurant with fine dining offers at reasonable prices. All of the staff are exceedingly helpful. Very impressed.

TV had streaming which actually worked - used it every night. Internet was fast. Mini bar well stocked and affordable. Kitchenette also provided everything you could need.

If I had to nitpick, aircon didn't feel like it really got warm enough on cold days and could be a little noisy - but this didn't impact my overall opinion.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank pyronical
Graeme Kuchmar, Owner at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2023

We appreciate your feedback as a regular traveler to Melbourne. We're thrilled to hear that you found The Sebel to be an excellent choice, surpassing your previous stay at the Sage.

Reviewed 1 June 2022

I was wanting a stayaction that didn't involve going to the city, and I had heard great things about Sebel Ringwood located on Maroondah Highway it's in a great location close to local amenities and the town center has plenty of dining and cocktail options, the staff were so helpful and accommodating and the rooms were modern, clean and lush in blues and wood furnishings, I would definitely recommend and return again, the Orchard Restaurant at the establishment have great food and cocktail options and is suited more for solo, business and couple getaways more than family.
Secure parking onsite and 24 hour check in

Room tip: Request room with a balcony
Date of stay: May 2022
Lauren M, Marketing at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2022

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, we can’t wait to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

The 4-star hotel as advertised
my expectation is very low when I stay the first time in a new place - let me be surprised. However, as a Platinium ACCOR Member, I expect ACCOR Standard as I know.
Sunday, early evening check-in by a staff member rather tiered and not with the greatest mood as I sensed. Not a great plus for the first impression
Surprise at the room, a bottle bubble with a few little sweets is presented to my arrival
The Functionality of the room, first of all, an Accor design, you can see immediately
open cloth hanging, glass doors from the bedroom to the living room
Parking in the parking spot provided by the hotel, is rather insufficient and very narrow with all the pillars - bad design

Breakfast - a selection of cooked meals its all you get and if you like a juice you pay extra, so for a half tomato - bad move by the management

Housekeeping all over the week - not what I expected and from Saturday to Sunday the room was made up half way the bed just stretched the cover, the rubbish left - exactly what you expect from a 4-star hotel when you stay 6 nights

Last, the aircon was very noisy, at 6am it sounded like someone drains the bath tup above your bedroom but there was only the roof

Not a place, where I stay again

Hopefully the management and the owner learn something

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your recent stay fell short of your expectations. We appreciate your input and will address the issues you've mentioned to improve our services. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2022

I had 2 spare days to fill in and chose to stay in Ringwood where I was born a looong time ago.
What an absolute gem!! Opened only 12 months ago, it is beautifully appointed. I selected a room with a balcony and was very happy to find it over 2m x 3m in size. The room itself was extremely comfortable, luxuriously appointed.
The restaurant is excellent, 2 breakfasts and an evening meal were all delicious.
Within walking distance of everything in Ringwood, The Sebel is thoroughly recommended. I would consider staying here and using rail to get into Melbourne rather than staying in Melbourne.
Just a wonderful stay

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank Ian T
Petite McMahon, Other at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2022

Hi Ian

Thank-you for choosing to stay at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood.
I am delighted to read your review and to share this with my team.

At The Sebel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer and we are very proud of what we have created in our short 12 months. To read reviews like this will further encourage our team members to keep going and to keep exceling, so thank-you.

Warm regards
Petite

Reviewed 22 March 2022

You could not ask for a better stay or better service. My wife and I has a short stay in Ringwood recently, and eager for a bit more space than a studio room, booked a night at the Sebel in a one bedroom apartment (507). Every aspect of the stay exceeded our high expectations, from the ease of parking and check-in, to the restaurant and the extremely comfortable accommodation we were very impressed.

Our room was far more spacious than we expected, outfitted with a quality kitchenette which included microwave, fridge, full range of plates and cutlery, and Nespresso machine. Add to this a dining table, comfortable couch (which can fold out to a double bed), large Wi-Fi TV with multiple Foxtel channels plus Chromecast and the living area was just perfect. An extremely comfortable king size bed and additional Wi-Fi TV in the bedroom, made for an excellent nights sleep, and the luxurious bathroom was absolutely first rate. To top it all off, a large balcony with table and chairs afforded some great outdoor space, with excellent views of the Dandenong Ranges.

Service wise we could not fault the hotel at all, nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly on arrival and check-in, and when we said the only thing missing in a room this nice was robes, we had extremely comfortable robes delivered to us within a minute.

We had breakfast in the restaurant, and was expecting to get the traditional hotel spread of a buffet breakfast, with percolator coffee, cereals, and a few hot items in Bain Marie's. Much to our surprise, they had an a la carte menu and barista coffee. My wife is vegan, and the chef offered her several options, and she absolutely loved her food. This was one of the best breakfasts either of us have had in years.

My wife and I have travelled a lot and stayed in 5 star hotels and resorts all over the world. Our stay at the Sebel was as good a hotel stay as we have had anywhere. We have already organised for family to stay there the next time they come to visit us in Melbourne. We could not recommend it more highly.

Room tip: Eastern end has views of the Dandenong Ranges, especially good from upper floors. The one bedroom apartments offer a lot of extra space.
Date of stay: March 2022
Petite McMahon, Other at The Sebel Melbourne Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Hi simonbC6941TK

Thank-you so much for the most delightful review.
My team and I are absolutely speechless and so appreciative that you have taken the time to put into words your feedback on our humble hotel.

We are in this business to provide a superior customer service to each and every guest and I am delighted to read and hear the appreciation experienced by you and your wife.

We cannot wait to welcome you back again

Warm regards