“Good service...overpriced”

Cuisines: American, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Never again. My main meal barely warm. Did not enjoy. Kids meals OK but shockingly overpriced! Never again!

Parlour P, Marketing Assistant at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi Heather M,

We take great pride in maintaining high food standards and appreciate you brining the issue to our attention.

If there is any further feedback that you would like to provide about your experience. Please feel free to email our marketing team direct at marketing@pancakparlour.com

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We went to the pancake parlour for a light meal and to revisit an old haunt.
We were delighted with the food service and a great fit out. This is a great go to place when you want delightful foodservice in very comfortable happy surroundings.

Parlour P, Marketing Assistant at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Anddyh,

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience :)

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I used to come here as a child and now I bring my children here. Very nostalgic. Still get your old fashioned spiders, pancakes with maple syrup and hot chocolates. As they say “The Pancake Parlour. Yum”

Parlour P, Marketing Assistant at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hi Marysmithleah,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We love the pancakes, all in different forms of presentation.
The staff were always very nice and provided good service.
We love the whole set-up.

Hi Friedrich28,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve spent many years trying not to go to the Pancake Parlour. I’m not that fond of pancakes savoury or sweet. My memories of the place from the past were not kind. The place doesn’t have a strong reputation either. But, I had to go today for a birthday function, the location having been chosen by a friend for strong and understandable sentimental reasons. The place was pmuch as expected. I couldn’t face a pancake as I’m not that fond of them so I had the superfood salad with tuna. It was a pretty average salad. Some of the ingredients were fresh, lettuce and celery for example, while others like the beans and corn were most likely out of a can. The tuna was a bit weird and was in some sort of mayonnaise mix. I had a taste from a couple of the other dishes and they were ok. The potato pancake tasted quite nice. The Caesar salad was ok too. The hash brown was ok as well. Presentation isn’t a strong point here and the dishes were all presented in a basic way. I couldn’t fault the service though. Each of the people who served us were pleasant, polite and efficient. Drinks and meals all came out quickly and in a coordinated way.

One final comment. The place needs to have the air con looked at. It was a warm and humid day. It was sweltering in parts of the restaurant. We had an aircon duct right above us. Not much cool air seemed to be coming out of it. Obviously the issue needs to be fixed as summer is still to come.

Parlour P, Marketing Assistant at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Hi TwoSheds57,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback :)