Hotels.com
Sarah J
Ballarat, Australia
In desperate need of an update.
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Feb 2024via mobile
Admittedly, we booked to stay on the weekend that Taylor Swift was in town so we paid a premium price. Probably more than we would normally for a hotel room. We had the ‘Delux King Suite’ which was a massive room, so a tick there, but unfortunately it was dirty.
I should’ve taken photos but to be honest I just couldn’t be bothered, wall mirror had smears all over it, super noticeable as soon as you walked in the door. There were dead flies and dust on the window sills, drink splashes on the furniture and the bathroom was questionable.
It’s in a good location and suited our purpose but we probably wouldn’t stay again.
Date of stay: February 2024
    AU$142
4.9 km from Beau Monde International
Room service
View more hotels in Doncaster
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2024

Whole place was filthy and dilapidated. Hair in bed, dirty toilet, mouldy bathroom floor, bath, sinks, & wall tiles. Food & beverage splashes all over walls and furniture, greasy marks on bedsides, coffee table and kitchenette including kettle cups etc. I paid extra for early check in & requested refund excl this as I could not stay here for concern about my health. Hotel refused to refund, obviously because they had a total of 3 guests. Booked through Agoda who did nothing but say “sorry but up to their “partners” . Agoda state no refund policy applies even to request for refund based on health and safety concerns with this property which they promote! Honestly just can’t believe that agoda could even allow this place to be on their recommended properties! Just a distasteful awful experience!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2023 via mobile

Could be so good but requires a good clean, just driving in the place looked unkempt.
Baffled as to how it’s rated 4.1:2 stars.
Paid by credit card so now have to wait for $100 bond to be returned,
Lady on checkout was nice.
Bed was comfortable.
Hope it returns to its former glory.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2022 via mobile

The parking was free and easily accessible, and check in was easy BUT…

There was hair on surfaces and on the pillow which was not mine. The room smelled like bad B.O., and there were leaves on the floor which indicated that it had not been vacuumed properly or at all. The man that was on reception when I checked out was quite rude, and coughed without covering his mouth multiple times. It was advertised as having an extra large double bed, but it was two single beds & mattresses joined together so I felt like I would fall through the middle. Also the only way I knew in advance that I’d need to pay an additional $100 as a security deposit upon arrival was by reading a bad review previously left by someone.

You definitely get what you pay for with this place.I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Even for a quick stay.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2022 via mobile

Free parking and wifi was good. Large room. Staff were friendly.
Bed was reasonably comfortable.
Lift was not working.
Room was large, but old and tired, but reasonably clean. Definitely not environmentally sustainable. Once only use small shampoo etc. No recycle bin.

Room tip: Free parking and wifi. If the lift is still not working it would be difficult for the disabled or elderly.
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2022

Wow! I travel for work and stay in many hotels but I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere so dirty. The hotel is old and tired which I can deal with but the complete lack of basic cleanliness is gross. EVERTHING is dirty. Tables in room covered in food. Floor has not been vacuumed in a long time. There is just a mattress with a sheet, no underlay. Sheets too small to cover the king size mattress. All surfaces covered in dust, doors and handles filthy. Had to ask for an additional pillow as only 1 provided. Needed a blanket as only 2 sheets and a thin doona provided in winter. Air conditioner looks like it has never been cleaned and turns off intermittently. I checked in late and the next morning asked them to clean the room only to be told due to covid they don’t clean the room while we are here. I said, please clean it, it’s really dirty. So, they changed my towels and emptied the bin and left someone else’s dirty hand towel on my bed side table. It’s almost laughable if it wasn’t so unhygienic . There is no Wi-Fi, no breakfast and no room service, despite them advertising all of that. It’s a shame as you can tell that whoever manages this building clearly does not care.

Room tip: Stay away.
Date of stay: October 2022