“Great fish and chips, bad service”
Review of Fish

Fish
Ranked #3 of 4 Quick Bites in Penneshaw
Price range: USD 9 - USD 14
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We have to admit, we are a little confused by Fish. It's located right in the heart of Penneshaw, very close to where the mainland ferry comes in - a great place to be situated and pick up regular business.

Unfortunately, despite having been here for fish and chips a few times, we have been very surprised (not in a good way) at the service. The fish and chips is delicious and presented well. However, despite there being a huge amount of options on the menu (squid, prawns etc), these option are hardly ever 'in stock'. Plus, the lady who runs the shop hasn't been very friendly or happy to welcome us in. Despite the store being very small (and therefore, impossible to ignore customers), we have had to make our presence felt each time (not even a 'hello'), ask about menu options and even ask her to take our order.

This is a small and welcoming community - however we don't get that vibe at all here. Such a shame as this place has so much potential to be Penneshaw's leading seafood restaurant.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This is a seasonal shop and a busy business so when passing back to or from the ferry be sure to drop in. There is nothing quite like sitting on the headland looking out to sea eating hot crunchy fish and chips. The king George Whiting is a delicious local fish. Its small but perfectly tasty and not always easy to get. Its worth trying if they have it on the menu. You can have your fish crumbed or battered and there is always a fresh salad of the day with locally grown greens, herbs and tomatoes so choose a salad to go with your fish ( if you can resist the chips). A serve is a generous portion here so why not get that too.... There are homemade sauces and dressings here too.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had a great day on the island but it ended on a 'sour' note as I was greeted by a moody woman! She refused my EFTPOS card with a grund, and shoed me away with a swipe of her arm! She wanted cash and my $6 chip order clearly wasn't worth her time. Truly woman, learn how to provide superior friendly food SERVE, or keep getting reviews like this!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I went to Fish 4 days ago and had the most delicious serving of fish (whiting) and chips. You can choose from a selection of seafood which changes daily depending on availability. The owner/chef, Sue, had previously been a chef at London's Ivy restaurant, and after eating the fish, which had the lightest batter, almost a tempura batter, I can believe it. There are picnic tables across the street which allow you to eat in comfort. I think it was probably the best fish and chips I have eaten.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We visited Fish last evening for fish and chips was a bit disappointed. Fish was shark ok but batter a bit greasy chips were ok. Was shocked at the price 1 serve of chips and 2 serves of fish $35 needless to say won't be revisiting.