Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Margaret W

Fantastic hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Nov 2020
Wanderers Rest is a great place to stay. Steve picked me up from the airport and things proceeded in a a warm genuinely friendly manner for the rest of my stay. The room was comfortable and had a veranda where I could watch the bird life especially the endangered glossy black cockatoo which I saw every day while sitting on the veranda.
The food was so good. One night as I was the only guest (as Covid continues to make it impact felt) they asked if I would mind having dinner in my room. That was fine by me. They were happy to cook whatever I wanted. I said some seafood so they prods sumptuous array of hot and cold seafood with a salad. I gave it my best shot but couldn’t fit it all in. Their restaurant produced wonderful food and great service. I’m so glad I chose to stay there
Date of stay: November 2020
0.4 km from Wanderers Rest of Kangaroo Island
  • Agoda.com
0.3 km from Wanderers Rest of Kangaroo Island
Beachfront
So evocative as we look across the water and see that it’s unspoilt by human habitation
    0.2 km from Wanderers Rest of Kangaroo Island
        • ZenHotels.com
          AU$223
        16.2 km from Wanderers Rest of Kangaroo Island
        View more hotels in American River
        All reviews kangaroo island kim balcony views sunrise glimpse bay ferry
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

Hostess Kim made my daughter feel very welcome which was an insight into the relaxed ambience and good, unobtrusive service.... great sized portions, first time my partner couldn’t finish her meal.... the squid was mouth watering.... worth the visit.....it may be out of the way for some but try this place.... top notch

Date of stay: October 2020
        Trip type: Travelled with family
        Reviewed 13 September 2020

What a lovely spot to stay. Clean and comfortable with a balcony looking across American River. We had dinner in the restaurant on 3 nights and had beautifully presented and very tasty meals each time. A friendly family run business and we will certainly stay again.

Date of stay: September 2020
        Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

This place was my favourite of our trip in Australia!
        Nice room with a balcony, stunning views from the room and from the restaurant.
        Kim, the owner, was very helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay from good to great.
        We had dinner at the restaurant, the food was divine. Tasty and refined. Well done Carrie.

I will recommend this place to everyone.
        American River is the place to be!
        Stunning and easy access to everywhere!

Date of stay: March 2020
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Would not reccomand anyone to go got served expiered food and beer. The worst experience in australia so far. Unfriendly personal. Bad pillows a dirty pool. Not one good word to be found about it im sorry

Date of stay: February 2020
        Trip type: Travelled with family
        1  Thank Noneofyourbusisnes
        Reviewed 17 December 2019

This is a very special place with special people. Locally owned and operated they go out of their way to make your stay perfect. Dinner, cooked by their daughter, is perfect especially if you want locally sourced ingredients and creative flair.

Date of stay: November 2019