The hotel was VERY run down.
It was a suprise that Accor would hold on to a property of this standard. Obviously staff are hard to secure in these remote locations so alot of consideration was given to this factor, but to feel like I had to motivate and put the spark in to the "Good Mornings" and "Enjoy your days" was annoying.
We had a lunch meal at the restaurant which was fine but using our advantage plus card for the dinner still didn't bring near compensation for the rubbish we were served. Pork belly where the skin was so under done it couldnt be eaten. Kids sauages and mash - the sausage (not eaten), looked like the meat was from chicken nuggets and squashed to replicate a sausage shape and chips on the side (not mash). My steak and local maron was served as over cooked steak (ordered med rare) with 2 prawns smothered in a BBQ sauce. A simple "I'm sorry we have run out of ........" would be fine and fully understandable given location, but when nothing is said and the plated plonked down????
Breakfast very basic and not inviting - staff didnt help.
Blocked sink in bathroom - which was fixed on notification.
Bill on checkout was wrong with many incorrect charges.
As a silver level A Club member I was most dissapointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River