Needed a last minute mini break out of Sydney with family (2 adults, 2 kids - 3 years and 7 months). Found this place - and struck gold. Individual lodges - ours prob smallest end of the scale at 2 bed 2 bath - clean, comfortable, amazing views, log fire - all we could ask for (decor simple and old fashioned but that's not a problem with rural retreat and kids!). Welcome incredibly friendly - staff all happy to chat and made us feel very at home. Facilities great - bistro with full buffet breakfast, and good hearty food, plus they do take away and self cook options - great to be able to get fish and chips at home in front of a DVD when the kids too tired to be on restaurant behaviour. Children's playground was a massive hit - from look of it is new. Scenery stunning. And best of all - kangaroos EVERYWHERE - for our 3 year old this was the most exciting thing ever, especially being able to feed them by hand (even if there was a bit if hiding behind daddy in case the big ones ate her...). 48 hours away from home door to door, and feeling well rested mentally, physically exhausted from walking, well fed, and inspired. Will definitely be back.
TIP take own travel cot / high chair etc for lodge if travelling with baby - believe each lodge privately owned so some may have more kit than others, but go prepared and then won't be caught short
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle