“Stunning, Romantic and so much fresh air.”

Eaglereach Wilderness Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vacy
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'd been a little wary after reading some of the reviews, but I shouldn't have worried. From the minute we arrived at reception, until the time we were checking out...perfection. We had a glass of champagne when we checked in, and were given a gorgeous box of choccies and another bottle of champagne to have in our cabin
Our cabin was The Gallery and it was lovely. Clean and spacious with the most breathtaking view. The kitchen had all the things we needed. Our spa was undercover so the rain was not a bother at all. We watched the sun come up, from the spa with Kangaroos right near us. The breakfast was simple, but delicious. Fresh fruit, porridge and fresh yogurt, all little extras. Our dinner on Saturday night was amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful, the service was fast and the food was delish. It's a romantic setting, but not over the top fancy. We both felt very comfortable in jeans. Our massages were heaven.
I would not hesitate to come back, both with the kids and again as a romantic weekend. Thanks so much for everything. It really was just what we needed. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in The Gallery. Spacious, amazing views, spa, fire. Heaven.
2  Thank missK1977
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hi missK1997
What a delight to read your review our team will be so excited to share this also glad you took advantage of many of the attractions and facilities especially the Bistro and the Massage & Facial Centre we do look forward to welcoming you back both as a family and for another romantic weekend.

There are newer reviews for Eaglereach Wilderness Resort

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at Eaglereach last weekend and had a fabulous time. We arrived late, after driving from Queensland it was about 7.45 when we arrived and even although reception close time was 7pm there was still a receptionist waiting to check us in with a friendly smile and a complimentary glass of bubbles.

Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfy king sized bed, black and white ensuite with really modern round hand basin and everything you could think of to make our stay enjoyable.
Good sized TV, mini bar and even a microwave.

We had a hot breakfast in the Bistro which came as a lovely surprise because as well as having all the normal fresh fruits, Toasts, bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, tomatoes’ and mushrooms the English chef had made porridge with spicy fruits which was just right for the chilly mountain air.

We walked the many trails and saw an amazing variety of birds however it was the Kangaroo’s and Wallaby’s that stole the day. The native animals are in abundance at Eaglereach and so good to see them in their natural habitat and all looking so healthy and strong. After our walk we had a massage and then back to our room for a hot spa and couldn’t resist a small nap.

We went to the Bistro for dinner and enjoyed having our first glass of red in front of the open fire. Our meal was excellent, well cooked and inexpensive. We each had two courses which cost $86.

We will be returning to Eaglereach and next time will take some friends and may even take advantage of one of their 3 night packages. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: They all seem pretty good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi Clayton B
Great news you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all the exclusive Eaglereach Wilderness Resort facilities and attractions from the welcome "glass of bubbly" at Check-in to the massage in the Massage & Facials Centre. Of course the self guided nature walks and the abundance of native wildlife including rain forest birds kangaroos and wallabys and now the cute spotted quolls. Yes the bistro is a delight commencing with the wide range of buffet options at breakfast as you listed to the house made delight created by our good food loving chef for breakfast Saturday lunch and 5 nights a week plus all the takeaway options. . We look forward to welcoming you back and will pass onto our team your very supportive review.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Its a shame a place with such potential could be so awful. My boyfriend took me here on a surprise getaway and I felt so bad that is was a bit of a disaster. After a fun, windy drive up the mountain to the resort we were hurridly greeted by a woman who was closing up for the night. We asked where the bistro was for some dinner and told we needed to book as they were flat out so it's unlikely(it would have been an hours drive back to a town to get anything else) but we could "try get something but don't say I sent you". As we walked into the bistro we were literally yelled out saying "don't shut the door, it fell on the boss today". We were seated in the half empty restaurant. The night only kept going down hill when i asked if anything was gluten free... I was questioned as to whether I was 'really' gluten free (followed by her life story including how her friends broke both of someones legs in high school in defence of her gluten intolerant friend) and that I should come early for breakfast as there was only 4 slices of gluten free bread left. She was probably the worst waitress I have ever had. The food was that of a very basic pub meal (think frozen battered fish and sloppy vegetarian suprise dish) but with the price of a top quality restaurant. Absolutely awful. We got to our room which was ok quality (minus the out of date chips and a king bed that was obviously 2 singles... the split down the middle was a mood killer) and were awoken at 7am by guests chatting and smoking outside our window... not by the chirping of nature. The included breakfast was your standard 'out of a can' breaky. Massages and the buggy were already booked out but the nature walks were quite nice. We were given fresh towels but our bed wasn't made nor were we given fresh tea cups. The outdoor spa was nice if you dont look behind you into the dirty bare underneath of the building. We chose to drive over an hour into cessnock so we could atleast have one nice dinner/meal(it was lovely) and bought some snacks for the rest of our stay. Really was a complete let down for a place that has a unique location and promised experience. Some of the staff were nice and the weather was lovely- the only upside. I truely wouldn't recommend this out-dated resort to anyone. If you do go my only reccomendations would be bring your own food and pre book all your activities.

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank ARosse
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear ARosse
After the last two reviews one could easily assume you stayed somewhere else. I did notice this is the first accommodation house be it a guesthouse motel hotel or resort that you have ever reviewed and instead you have specialised in reviewing a series of one city eateries. I could spend a lot of space challenging many of your criticisms such as the comfort of the Hollywood interlocking beds which are found in fine establishments worldwide to the quality of the food including the many house made delicacies created by our internationally experienced chef who just loves good food. Both the Resort Manager and I were on duty all during your stay and none of these complaints were raised during your stay. The Resort is judged annual by AAA and is 4 star accredited.
The kindest response I can make is to comment you were in the wrong place staying in a wilderness resort. If you choose to make contact with us we wish to make an offer of compensation as an act of goodwill.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was in two minds about booking . Some of the negative feedback had me confused ! Having seen the many adverts in " Holidays for Couples" I decided to take the risk and book . Well what a surprise !! We arrived in pouring rain and had to drive the fairly windey road up to the top of the mountain, a bit hairy but we arrived intact
We were offered a glass of champagne on arrival and given the keys to out cottage named "Bilby"
Well it was far from what I had expected. Modern clean and we were lucky and had the whole cottage to ourselves. 3 large bedrooms with 3 bathrooms The Spa outside was the icing on the cake Even in the pouring rain We went to the restuarant that night ,it was nice club style food,
We decided we would get a pizza Yum ! A BBQ hamper and Picnic hamper for the meals for the next 2 nights the restuarant was closed . As that was one of the negatives that I had read about ,the fact that it was closed on Sunday and Monday nights , but it didn't bother us we had brought along a few additional food items which we cooked up in our lovely little kitchen Fully equipped and for us more romantic .Don't forget your own Wine cheese and bickies
We woke each morning to a spectaculur view .We had kangaroos on our deck . Totally Tranquil
We hired bikes and played tennis all excellent . I couldn't fault the resort . Apparently each cottage is styled differently. I would highly recommend the Bilby if it is available.
I am so glad I took a chance and ignored some of the silly comments I had read . I loved my stay at Eaglereach
Thankyou Lee Doyle and all the staff for making our stay Special

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Hi Ozzierob
Thank you for making the effort to review the Resort following your recent stay. You have covered many aspects of the Resort which we appreciate from the quality of the lodge to the spa the Bistro with the wide variety of takeways available including the BBQ hampers and pizzas. Plus the complementary activities and equipment from kayaks to bicycles internet kiosk DVD library not forgetting the sparkling white wine welcome. It was also a relief to our team that you made comment that you choose to ignore "some of the silly comments " you had read in other reviews on this site. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband had stayed here about 6 years ago and loved it, so brought me for a weekend-away. I loved the bush setting, the weather was superb with terrific views over the valley every day. We took up all our food up with us and cooked breaky and dinner on the BBQ. My husband also tried out the spa. Within minutes of arriving, we had visiting wallaroos and were glad we'd spent $5 at reception to buy the proper pellets for them, they came right up and ate from our hand which was a new experience for my English husband! Also spotted wallabies, lots of birds and one large tree spider in our bathroom, who was most decent about being caught in a tea-towel for release back in the bush where he belongs :) We both work like crazy dogs in corporate jobs in Sydney and it was terrific to enjoy peace, quiet, air and views, plus take in some of the bush walks. We took a few fav kitchen utinsils which I'd recommend (although the kitchen was fine), bread, pantry staples, condiments plus all our fresh food. We also took a Playstation with us with movies/shows saved for evenings by the fire (and gaming for my husband) - very easy to hook it up to the plasma already in the lodge. I'm withVodafone and had no phone coverage but could text; my husband is with Telstra and he had fun net access etc on his smart phone. I did loads of reading and just enjoyed being outside in the sun with a super view. Our lodge was perfect for couple or family with 2-3 primary school aged kids. We asked about other lodges for more people and there's loads of options. We stayed 3 nights and I'd happily stay for up to 5. I'm already planning a return visit. Highly recommend Eaglereach.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you're after and they'll recommend best lodges :)
1  Thank flyhigh13_13

Hi Flyhigh 13-13
Delighted you choose to stay with us again and had a superb time. Yes to appreciate that the native wildlife and variety of eco systems is very satisfying experience. I will be pleased to share your review with our team and look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully for a longer time as you suggested.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vacy
28.7 km away
32.1 km away
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
27.9 km away
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley

Been to Eaglereach Wilderness Resort? Share your experiences!