We stayed at Eaglereach last weekend and had a fabulous time. We arrived late, after driving from Queensland it was about 7.45 when we arrived and even although reception close time was 7pm there was still a receptionist waiting to check us in with a friendly smile and a complimentary glass of bubbles.
Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfy king sized bed, black and white ensuite with really modern round hand basin and everything you could think of to make our stay enjoyable.
Good sized TV, mini bar and even a microwave.
We had a hot breakfast in the Bistro which came as a lovely surprise because as well as having all the normal fresh fruits, Toasts, bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, tomatoes’ and mushrooms the English chef had made porridge with spicy fruits which was just right for the chilly mountain air.
We walked the many trails and saw an amazing variety of birds however it was the Kangaroo’s and Wallaby’s that stole the day. The native animals are in abundance at Eaglereach and so good to see them in their natural habitat and all looking so healthy and strong. After our walk we had a massage and then back to our room for a hot spa and couldn’t resist a small nap.
We went to the Bistro for dinner and enjoyed having our first glass of red in front of the open fire. Our meal was excellent, well cooked and inexpensive. We each had two courses which cost $86.
We will be returning to Eaglereach and next time will take some friends and may even take advantage of one of their 3 night packages. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle