“Special Place for romance Seclusion and get back to nature”

Eaglereach Wilderness Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vacy
Reviewed 20 May 2013

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was in two minds about booking . Some of the negative feedback had me confused ! Having seen the many adverts in " Holidays for Couples" I decided to take the risk and book . Well what a surprise !! We arrived in pouring rain and had to drive the fairly windey road up to the top of the mountain, a bit hairy but we arrived intact
We were offered a glass of champagne on arrival and given the keys to out cottage named "Bilby"
Well it was far from what I had expected. Modern clean and we were lucky and had the whole cottage to ourselves. 3 large bedrooms with 3 bathrooms The Spa outside was the icing on the cake Even in the pouring rain We went to the restuarant that night ,it was nice club style food,
We decided we would get a pizza Yum ! A BBQ hamper and Picnic hamper for the meals for the next 2 nights the restuarant was closed . As that was one of the negatives that I had read about ,the fact that it was closed on Sunday and Monday nights , but it didn't bother us we had brought along a few additional food items which we cooked up in our lovely little kitchen Fully equipped and for us more romantic .Don't forget your own Wine cheese and bickies
We woke each morning to a spectaculur view .We had kangaroos on our deck . Totally Tranquil
We hired bikes and played tennis all excellent . I couldn't fault the resort . Apparently each cottage is styled differently. I would highly recommend the Bilby if it is available.
I am so glad I took a chance and ignored some of the silly comments I had read . I loved my stay at Eaglereach
Thankyou Lee Doyle and all the staff for making our stay Special

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Hi Ozzierob
Thank you for making the effort to review the Resort following your recent stay. You have covered many aspects of the Resort which we appreciate from the quality of the lodge to the spa the Bistro with the wide variety of takeways available including the BBQ hampers and pizzas. Plus the complementary activities and equipment from kayaks to bicycles internet kiosk DVD library not forgetting the sparkling white wine welcome. It was also a relief to our team that you made comment that you choose to ignore "some of the silly comments " you had read in other reviews on this site. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Eaglereach Wilderness Resort

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband had stayed here about 6 years ago and loved it, so brought me for a weekend-away. I loved the bush setting, the weather was superb with terrific views over the valley every day. We took up all our food up with us and cooked breaky and dinner on the BBQ. My husband also tried out the spa. Within minutes of arriving, we had visiting wallaroos and were glad we'd spent $5 at reception to buy the proper pellets for them, they came right up and ate from our hand which was a new experience for my English husband! Also spotted wallabies, lots of birds and one large tree spider in our bathroom, who was most decent about being caught in a tea-towel for release back in the bush where he belongs :) We both work like crazy dogs in corporate jobs in Sydney and it was terrific to enjoy peace, quiet, air and views, plus take in some of the bush walks. We took a few fav kitchen utinsils which I'd recommend (although the kitchen was fine), bread, pantry staples, condiments plus all our fresh food. We also took a Playstation with us with movies/shows saved for evenings by the fire (and gaming for my husband) - very easy to hook it up to the plasma already in the lodge. I'm withVodafone and had no phone coverage but could text; my husband is with Telstra and he had fun net access etc on his smart phone. I did loads of reading and just enjoyed being outside in the sun with a super view. Our lodge was perfect for couple or family with 2-3 primary school aged kids. We asked about other lodges for more people and there's loads of options. We stayed 3 nights and I'd happily stay for up to 5. I'm already planning a return visit. Highly recommend Eaglereach.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you're after and they'll recommend best lodges :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyhigh13_13

Hi Flyhigh 13-13
Delighted you choose to stay with us again and had a superb time. Yes to appreciate that the native wildlife and variety of eco systems is very satisfying experience. I will be pleased to share your review with our team and look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully for a longer time as you suggested.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My Partner and I went away and must say the most peaceful, clean, unspoilt hide away so far. The food was great, the people, the local resident Kangaroo's and the amazing breathtaking views you can stare at all day. Was followed up on arrival times and stayed in touch from booking to arrival - muchly appreciate that, service with a smile. Will be back very soon bringing the kids! We stayed in the Gallery and I must say if the owners ever wanted to sell it they need to call me first!!!
Food was good but we didn't like the vegetarian risotto :-) That's about all that was not excellent!.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 6BROOKE9
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Hi 6BROOKE9
Our team was delighted to receive your very positive comments and to learn you intend to return soon with the kids.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Have been 3 times but our last romantic weekend away was a bit disappointing,our cabin this time was the "bilby lodge" the quality and cleanliness was really poor ,the place was out dated and felt drab,compared to previous stays eg. mouldy shower curtain,old dirty torn chairs on verandah,
the verandah had no railings so everytime we went to relax and enjoy the spectacular view we were chased inside by over friendly kangaroos...to name a few.in the bistro staff were great but I had to tell them their bread for toast was mouldy...
Not impressed we had enjoyed our other visits, paid good money for the "bilby lodge" when the quality just is not there.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank mtray

Dear mtray
Sorry to hear that the lodge in particular did not meet your expectations guests usually rate it highly we will inspect it without delay and take appropriate action on the points you have raised. Hopefully all other aspects of your stay was acceptable. Please let us know if you ever have any concerns at the time and we will address them immediately even move lodges if possible.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you are looking for somewhere secluded this is the place to stay. There isn't much to do & unfortunately the weekend we stayed it was blowing a gale. We decided to have a spa which was located outside the cabin it was very nice & romantic. The cabin was big enough for another couple. We had planned to have a BBQ but was unable to it because of the gale force wind & the BBQ being on the verandah. The breakfast was nice & we also had a meal at the restaurant which was also very nice. Nice place to stay if you just want to relax.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NiceyG
HunterCooee, General Manager at Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Hi NiceyG
Delighted you chose to stay with us sorry about the gale it was hard to escape it anywhere on the Eastern seaboard glad you enjoyed the seclusion and the spa and I am sure you would have found the wide range of complementary indoor activities as well including the DVD and paperback library to the games room and very reasonably priced massages and facials at the day spa. Yes the restaurant is a treat including breakfast and dinner the new $12.95 specials are also well appreciated.
Our team look forward to welcoming you back

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vacy
28.7 km away
32.1 km away
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
27.9 km away
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley

Been to Eaglereach Wilderness Resort? Share your experiences!