After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was in two minds about booking . Some of the negative feedback had me confused ! Having seen the many adverts in " Holidays for Couples" I decided to take the risk and book . Well what a surprise !! We arrived in pouring rain and had to drive the fairly windey road up to the top of the mountain, a bit hairy but we arrived intact
We were offered a glass of champagne on arrival and given the keys to out cottage named "Bilby"
Well it was far from what I had expected. Modern clean and we were lucky and had the whole cottage to ourselves. 3 large bedrooms with 3 bathrooms The Spa outside was the icing on the cake Even in the pouring rain We went to the restuarant that night ,it was nice club style food,
We decided we would get a pizza Yum ! A BBQ hamper and Picnic hamper for the meals for the next 2 nights the restuarant was closed . As that was one of the negatives that I had read about ,the fact that it was closed on Sunday and Monday nights , but it didn't bother us we had brought along a few additional food items which we cooked up in our lovely little kitchen Fully equipped and for us more romantic .Don't forget your own Wine cheese and bickies
We woke each morning to a spectaculur view .We had kangaroos on our deck . Totally Tranquil
We hired bikes and played tennis all excellent . I couldn't fault the resort . Apparently each cottage is styled differently. I would highly recommend the Bilby if it is available.
I am so glad I took a chance and ignored some of the silly comments I had read . I loved my stay at Eaglereach
Thankyou Lee Doyle and all the staff for making our stay Special
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle