My husband had stayed here about 6 years ago and loved it, so brought me for a weekend-away. I loved the bush setting, the weather was superb with terrific views over the valley every day. We took up all our food up with us and cooked breaky and dinner on the BBQ. My husband also tried out the spa. Within minutes of arriving, we had visiting wallaroos and were glad we'd spent $5 at reception to buy the proper pellets for them, they came right up and ate from our hand which was a new experience for my English husband! Also spotted wallabies, lots of birds and one large tree spider in our bathroom, who was most decent about being caught in a tea-towel for release back in the bush where he belongs :) We both work like crazy dogs in corporate jobs in Sydney and it was terrific to enjoy peace, quiet, air and views, plus take in some of the bush walks. We took a few fav kitchen utinsils which I'd recommend (although the kitchen was fine), bread, pantry staples, condiments plus all our fresh food. We also took a Playstation with us with movies/shows saved for evenings by the fire (and gaming for my husband) - very easy to hook it up to the plasma already in the lodge. I'm withVodafone and had no phone coverage but could text; my husband is with Telstra and he had fun net access etc on his smart phone. I did loads of reading and just enjoyed being outside in the sun with a super view. Our lodge was perfect for couple or family with 2-3 primary school aged kids. We asked about other lodges for more people and there's loads of options. We stayed 3 nights and I'd happily stay for up to 5. I'm already planning a return visit. Highly recommend Eaglereach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi award-winning mountaintop paradise alive with native animals in their natural habitat. Accommodation in s/c lodges 1-6 bedrooms and resort rooms 4 to 4.5 star. Bistro and bar offering casual to a la carte dining, day spa and eco systems from mountaintop to rain forest, all non-motorized activities and equipment free including mountain bikes, self-guided nature walks, kayaks, internet kiosk, DVD library.New Corroboree Meeting Place for conferences functions and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eaglereach Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglereach Wilderness Hotel Vacy
- Hotel Eaglereach Wilderness
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort Vacy/Greater Newcastle