All reviewsmain roadstayed for two nightsnight staylarge roomqueen bedsaturday nightfunctionsydney
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Was adequate as we were very tired. Certainly wouldn't return. Shower had mould on the wall. Blanket on bed very old and hard/rough feeling. We were a last minute booking and had a ground floor family room with a discount in price which was appreciated. I was confused though why a family unit only had 2 coffee cups and 1 spoon but had a toaster and of course a kettle. Thought that's ok as had read hotel info folder in the room and there was an on site restaurant (menu provided) with room service available. When I walked down to reception to enquire how I ordered I was told the restaurant had been closed for quite a while. Information re internet availability and cost also outdated and incorrect as was now free which was great but receipt with log in stated a cost and from memory so did the information folder back to reception again to check. The funniest thing I read though and wording not correct but gist was that the pool was an extra and if not useable there was no discount in price. We don't stay in motels that often and this may be common but was something we hadn't seen before. I didn't look for the pool so have no idea if useable or not that day. This motel is part of The Golden Chain range and I was surprised at the basics not being provided and maintained. As I said we won't be back and the motel seemed to be full so we won't be missed but what a pity the standards were what they were.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stayed in the Valley Inn for one night ,the room was surprisingly big ,clean, comfortable bed ,the staff were very helpful ,its a budget motel ,it does need some renovations, but I would rather stay there and pay only half of what you would pay at Panthers ,we walked up to Westfield's for breakfast ,easy walking distance, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed at the Penrith Valley Inn for 6 nights. The cost was excessive for the value. Our room was run down and in need of a lot of maintenance. Only one of three bedside lights worked. The door where the refrigerator was housed was nearly falling off. The tiles on the floor in the shower were in need of replacing. There was what seemed to be dirt/mould set into them and the soap holder was up on the window sill. The floor in the bedroom area looked like it had not been vacuum for some time, and was not vacuumed while we were there.
The motel was not far from the railway tracks and close to an old bridge that crossed the river. When freight trains pass across the bridge at night they make a lot of noise. This is not the fault of the the motel owners but should be mentioned. Perhaps rooms could be "soundproofed" in some way.
The pool was not very clean and even the pool surrounds were not very inviting.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as bad as each other.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenisWD
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This hotel is centrally located but is sadly lacking in many ways. Decor is old, but that does not mean that it cannot be functional and clean. The hotel lacks proper maintenance with many things that need attention. For example, hinges on the door where the fridge is stored were broken and useless. The door would hang on one hinge when opened, therefore it would be better to remove the door altogether. Power switch near the hand basin in the bathroom was unsafe. Needs replacement. The lounge in our room was broken and dirty. Chairs need cleaning, carpet needs a good clean, air vent in bathroom dirty, hair in shower when we arrived. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Housekeeping is lacking. Not sure if they know much about running an hotel/motel at all. Will not be back. Overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I found the staff to be very helpful. It is situated at the bottom of the mountains and you have access to the south of the area - Camden, north up into the mountains and for the Penrith area as well.
We booked two rooms, on arrival one room was not made up, but with one call housekeeping was there within five minutes, and extremely helpful.
The rooms may look little bit tired but I clean.
The reason I gave it only a three rating is that I booked a disabled room with a queen bed and a sofa bed and a queen room with a sofa bed. The disable room was not as requested, but I was charged more for one room then the other, even though it was not the room booked. When I enquired on a discount I was total I could only be moved away from the other room, that was my only option.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family