“Last minute dinner”

Margan Restaurant & Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Broke
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Margan Restaurant is now in its thirteenth year and Margan Wines celebrates 23 years as a leading Hunter Valley winery. As the pioneers of agri-dining in the Hunter Valley we are committed more than ever to our ‘estate grown, estate made’ ethos. We craft our menus around what we harvest from our one-acre kitchen garden and orchard to maintain a truly seasonal focus. In addition, we have our own olive trees, free range chickens, beehives and raise our own lambs, all of which is incorporated into our menu. As farmers, we are committed to looking after the land and as such are certified with Green Table Australia and Sustainable Winegrowing Australia for our environmental stewardship (first and only HV restaurant and winery). Integrity is important to us. Our accreditation benchmarks us internationally for best practice to ISO14000.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a last minute dinner last Saturday night at Margan’s. This was our second dining experience at Margan’s (the first being 5+ years ago). The ambience was good and the dining room was bustling. The garden to plate $110 degustation was picture on a plate, delicious, but both of us found the portions to be slightly too little. We left feeling a touch hungry (rather than pleasantly full) and we are not big eaters. Overall it was a nice experience but wouldn’t rave.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (458)

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

This was my 4th time visiting the Margan Restaurant and unfortunately something had changed - the menu and flavours were underwhelming. Hopefully just not my type of menu and if there’s a next time it’ll return to its usual high standards!

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

This is our second visit to Margan Restaurant, our first visit was absolutely amazing and our second visit was absolutely outstanding...Our dietry requirements was handled percectly, wine pairing with each of our courses was handled on point....The staff are amazing, we will not hesitate in returning time and time again....
Thank you for making our dining experience very memorable...

1  Thank unachika6470
Reviewed 2 April 2021

Two years ago we visited Margan with a group of friends and didn't have the best time. However, I thought I'd give it another chance because I remembered the wines were good. And I'm glad I did!
This time I went alone and did a solo tasting. The staff were kind enough to squeeze me in, in between reservations and the server was knowledgeable and insightful with his explanations. The wine, as remembered, was superb and I would purchase the whole range if I could.
Thanks Margan for giving me a lovely time and I look forward to being back!

1  Thank eunicashaw
Reviewed 22 March 2021

Celebrated my husband's 50th birthday with family - the food, service and atmosphere was exceptional. From the time we booked to even an email after our visit. The farm to plate and local food experience is what we were looking for particularly supporting a local sustainable business. Our meander through the garden and hearing the story of each meal as it was presented was so heart-warming, we were not just feed for our bellies but for our soul.

Date of visit: March 2021