“Margan Restaurant”

Margan Restaurant & Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Broke
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Margan Restaurant is now in its thirteenth year and Margan Wines celebrates 23 years as a leading Hunter Valley winery. As the pioneers of agri-dining in the Hunter Valley we are committed more than ever to our ‘estate grown, estate made’ ethos. We craft our menus around what we harvest from our one-acre kitchen garden and orchard to maintain a truly seasonal focus. In addition, we have our own olive trees, free range chickens, beehives and raise our own lambs, all of which is incorporated into our menu. As farmers, we are committed to looking after the land and as such are certified with Green Table Australia and Sustainable Winegrowing Australia for our environmental stewardship (first and only HV restaurant and winery). Integrity is important to us. Our accreditation benchmarks us internationally for best practice to ISO14000.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is our second visit to Margan Restaurant, our first visit was absolutely amazing and our second visit was absolutely outstanding...Our dietry requirements was handled percectly, wine pairing with each of our courses was handled on point....The staff are amazing, we will not hesitate in returning time and time again....
Thank you for making our dining experience very memorable...

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank unachika6470
Write a reviewReviews (451)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Two years ago we visited Margan with a group of friends and didn't have the best time. However, I thought I'd give it another chance because I remembered the wines were good. And I'm glad I did!
This time I went alone and did a solo tasting. The staff were kind enough to squeeze me in, in between reservations and the server was knowledgeable and insightful with his explanations. The wine, as remembered, was superb and I would purchase the whole range if I could.
Thanks Margan for giving me a lovely time and I look forward to being back!

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank eunicashaw
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Celebrated my husband's 50th birthday with family - the food, service and atmosphere was exceptional. From the time we booked to even an email after our visit. The farm to plate and local food experience is what we were looking for particularly supporting a local sustainable business. Our meander through the garden and hearing the story of each meal as it was presented was so heart-warming, we were not just feed for our bellies but for our soul.

1  Thank K8947RPsueb
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant room is sensational. Its such a lovely setting. We had the degustation dinner with matching wines. Servings were not massive so we were extremely satisfied at the end of the meal. Whilst there was a minor error with a dietary request - the manager handled it superbly. Highly recommend this place for dinner.

1  Thank Craigbulmer
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

Celebrated our birthdays here on a full Friday night 12/3. The degustation menu was sensational and hard to pick the best course. Great and unique flavours. Matched wines a great idea but needed a driver for that, so had a glass of their lovely Fordwich Hill shiraz and bought two bottles to take home at the end of the night. Service was also excellent, efficient and attentive staff. Telling everyone Margan is a 'must do' in the Hunter. Will be back.

1  Thank Lucyzozo