“Watch out for allergics!”
Review of Sandra's

Sandra's
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Puerto Nuevo
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have eaten during my whole life this type of food (seafood). I don't know why I got a weird reaction.

The food is delicious, i love it. I a NOT blaming the restarant, I am actually giving them 5 stars. I am just saying that in that area you might get a weird reaction from the food.

I highly recommend the tortillas there. I ate so much tortillas with frijoles and of course handcrabs and lobster burrito. You must try that burrito, is the typical food form the area.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I have been here a couple of times before but I hadn't been here in years. Parking tends to be a challenge, especially on weekends, but we managed to park on the main road which is a bit of a walk but a walk was needed after all the food we had. They used to have a medium lobster special with a margarita included for $15.99 but that is long gone. The service is great and it's nice that they let the musicians in so you can listen to trio or mariachi music while you eat. We ordered the medium lobsters which looked a bit small but everywhere in Puerto Nuevo seems to be calling this size medium.

The queso fundido with chorizo (melted cheese with chorizo) apetizer was very good, and so were the camarones al mojo de ajo (garlic shrimp). Three medium lobster halves cost $37 USD. The lobster comes with beans, rice, melted butter, various salsas, and handmade flour tortillas to die for! There are many options in Puerto Nuevo for lobster, and I have tried quite a few. This restaurant does not have the fancy ocean view but I always come back because the food and service is consistently good and much better than the other places I have dined at.

Visited 12/2017

1  Thank Chillindrina
Reviewed 24 November 2017

After seeing this on Zimmern's new show, we made the point of stopping by during our Baja trip. We had to dodge quite a few barkers for other restaurants to get here, but it was worth it. This is a very nice and quiet place with excellent food and service. We tried a couple lobster and seafood platters and found them delicious-the shrimp was some of the best ever. Even the quesadilla for the youngest in our group was excellent. prices are fair for what you get.

3  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We had heard great things about Sandra's so we sought it out on a planned trip to Puerto Nuevo. Glad we did.

The restaurant is plain and welcoming. There were lots of family groups and a few couples enjoying an early Friday evening dinner. No unhappy faces to be found -- everyone was having a great time and enjoying their dinner.

The four of us ordered the smallest lobster available and it was more than we could eat. We may have had a communication issue and ended up ordering more than intended, at least that's one theory floating around.

We also enjoyed clam chowder and a salad, both delicious and served appropriately.

We were surprised when the check arrived. That's part of why we think we may have unintentionally ordered more than we intended, because the check was much more than we expected.

The food was good and the service was spot on. We'll return to this restaurant and make so we're very specific about what we want so we don't end up with leftover lobster that can never really be as good as when it's hot from the kitchen.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Best Lobster, start with the red aguachiles shrimp, ceviche or mix crab legs 1/2 garlic and butter and 1/2 breaded. Yummy!!! Just as I am writting the review I wish I was there. You can find different sizes of Lobster of course the bigger the more expensive as you can imagine but overall the prices are not comparable to any other places in the world that sell Lobster (And I have tried them in many places around the world) they are much cheaper and much sweeter and juicer even than the Maine Lobster that is world renowned. I know I may be making some Maine Lobster enemy's. But they need to tried them first and will agree with me.

2  Thank brenmoreno