“Perfect base for our family of four”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunrise view from the deck has so many variations
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunrise view from the deck has so many variations
Watching boats come into the harbor
Breakfast on the deck
Wood deck was replaced by hurricane-proof construction. Laze in the hammock in the shade.
The red X marks the location of Casa SuMarco
Sunrise view from the deck
Room to stretch out, sip a cool drink, and take in the views
Living room in the afternoon light
Living room and kitchen/dining area, side door to garden
Fully-equipped kichen, dining area for 4, side door to garden
Living room leading to bedrooms
Master bedroom with sliding door to rear deck
Master bedroom w queen bed & a/c has wide-open bay views
Bedroom #2 has hi-riser twins, tucked under for daytime use
Bedroom #2 has a/c, desk area, closet
Private off-street parking in our carport.
A curious young visitor on our steps
Rainbow over hills viewed from the back deck
Kayaking on the bay at sunset
A blue heron watching the surf at Flamenco
Aerial view of Flamenco Beach on airplane approach
A happy entry in our GuestBook, one of many :)
From our GuestBook
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Aventurer...
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect base for our family of four”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

For those seeking to step outside the gates of the big resorts and enjoy a more authentic Caribbean experience, Culebra offers many rewarding adventures, and Casa Sumarco is a great base for all of them. Within five minutes of leaving Culebra’s tiny airport, my wife, two daughters, and I were standing on the wooden deck of this charming casita, soaking up the Caribbean breeze and staring out over Ensenada Honda. Once inside we found a cozy, clean 2-bedroom home with all the amenities we needed for our stay. A plaque by the front door reads “Mi casa es su casa” (My house is your house), an offer my family took full advantage of during five wonderful days on the island. Between forays to Culebra’s famous beaches we logged many hours on the porch, reading books and dozing in the hammock while our towels and swimsuits dried in the breeze. In the evening, after dinner at one of Culebra’s funky restaurants, we’d settle in with one of the many DVDs the owners keep on hand. (I’d recommend “Memorias de Culebra” for a great overview of the island’s history.) Everything at Casa Sumarco was as Susan promised it would be, and her detailed instructions, maps, and descriptions of the islands’ highlights were awesome resources. In the end, the only downside of our stay was that we had to leave just as we were settling into the laid back rhythm of Culebra. We plan to stay longer next time!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Aestasnox
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
“Leave your worries and stress behind and relax, snorkel, hike, and relax some more!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to Susan, who made the booking and travel arrangements easy-peasy. We flew into San Juan and then took Air Flamenco to Culebra and spent a week in Casa Su Marco. Our friends met us there and we enjoyed every bit of the island. My original plan was to get down to the island and relax on a beach with drink in hand- instead my boyfriend and I awoke at 5 or 6 every morning to go snorkeling, hiking, or get to pan deli for sandwiches or fresh bread for the house. Snorkeling with the sea turtles and rays in the mornings at Tamberine Beach was exhilarating. Zoni Beach at the very end of the island was usually not crowded and there are nice reefs off to the right. We rented the yellow Thing from Dick and Kathy and that made the island experience even more enjoyable! Took a boat (Captain Anita) to Culebrita to see the lighthouse and do some relaxing snorkeling. Get to the other side of Culebrita for the most beautiful pristine and secluded white-sanded beach. As for food- Zaco Tacos has the best fish tacos! (beer battered yum!) Mamacitas has amazing ceviche and fresh fish and island dishes. Dingy Dock for the ambiance, drinks, and island experience. And again- Pan Deli for the fresh bread and coffee every morning. The house has everything we needed- beach items, blender, coffee maker, towels, outdoor shower, amazing deck (half covered/half open), washer/dryer, beautiful view to watch the sunrise. Susan- thank you so much for letting us stay in your beautiful home! I recommend this house and island to anyone looking for that perfect get away!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Baltimore

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Milwaukee
Reviewed 7 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing