Had always wanted to go to Cuba and was recomended this hotel by a family member and was not disapointed! Beautifully set out, emailed in advance to request a quiet room with a sea view and in all fairness that is what we got. Read some reviews about the room being dated etc. however I had no issues with it. I suppose if you are going to base your holiday on the colour of the room you use to sleep in, it probably says something about you as a person? I found it to be a lovely big clean room with amazing views, fridge, safe and air con worked brill.
The grounds are beautifully kept, with so many little creatures to see wondering around... lizards, flamingo's, kittens, baby chicks, turtles in the pool and peacocks. I was in my element feeding the ducks in the afternoons.
Plenty of room on the beach, always a secluded spot with sunbed to sit. Also the pool had plenty of room so you weren't all squashed like sardines. Honestly the beach was out of this world, I mostly travel in Europe was nice to see such a perfect unspoilt beach. Cannot really find anything bad to say, considering how most Cubans live what they provide for guests is fantastic and after going on the dolphin trip to Trinidad (which was out of this world!!) I felt kind of guilty that we get to eat all that food when maybe they don't.
The staff go out of their way for their guests, so hard working especially the staff in the buffet style restaurant. They try hard with the food - fresh meats, pancakes, omelettes, fresh fish and fresh pasta made how you like.
We also went horse riding on the beach which was lovely, the horses are well cared for (I worry about things like that!).
If anyone has any questions at all I am happy to help. Enjoy your holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotelopia, Cancelon and Booking.com so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco