6,160 results
All reviews quiet pool fish guest services main pool pizza a la carte restaurants lobby bar bbq grill hour bar international restaurant ocean view stir fry beautiful beach chicken entertainment staff air canada beach restaurant
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel has easy access to the beach, large swimming pools for the younger set and a more quiet one for we older folks. The staff are fabulous and will attend to your every need. Don't forget to tip!

Rooms are very clean, some paint missing on bathroom walls as there is lots of humidity and a few things still need repair, like the lagoon. But, in Cuba things are hard to get so repairs do not happen as fast as in Canada.

This is my fourth trip there and we have gotten to know the stories of some of the folks. Lovely people who work very hard, and will help you get what you want. You should bring things to share as supplies are really hard to come by. We bring personal items, school supplies and some over the counter items. Clothing is welcomed also.

Food, well when it comes to food, if you tend to gain weight, be careful. There is so much wonderful food and fresh fish, yummmmm! You have to try the Red Snapper and Mie Mei.

I cannot say enough goods things about Tryp as I look forward to our next visit. My friend, who introduced me to Tryp, has gone 7 times and she and her husband are already planning for next year. One week is short and goes by very fast, enjoy.
P.Carlson

Room Tip: If you are older, ask for rooms by the smaller pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat C
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your time and loyalty. We will be always happy of seeing you here. Hope to meet you very soon. Our best regards to our mutual friends too.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just returned (10/03/12) from 2 weeks at the Tryp Hotel - fantastic. Staff very friendly and can't do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble and they don't bother you or beg like in other countries.
Don't take too much notice of the negative reviews others may post. If you want a beach type holiday in Cuba at a reasonable price then you will be fine in the Tryp, if Cuban food and the way they cook things doesn't bother you then the Tryp is fine. If you don't like a beach type accommodation and foreign food then go somewhere else.
We did the the twin resort stay and went to Havana for 3 nights - absolutely fantastic. Once in Havana you need to get out and see the sights well worth it. Old Havana is a must.
They are working on the Tryp and giving it a facelift, the manager is young and dynamic and is out and about on the complex and does spend time to talk and seeks your views and comments. They put on a British night on our last night to show their appreciation of how far we have travelled and how grateful for our custom, all the staff are fantastic - special thanks to Yoell Jorge and staff in the main restaurant and Alcides Capero in the Italian / Chinese Bar.
Cuba is very basic and the Tryp is more like our 3 star than 4 star, but that is the charm of visiting Cuba. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spotless, cleaned daily. You get what you pay for and hopefully won't be disappointed. Typically Carribean and worth every penny. The rum is a must.
The hotel is only as noisy as any other beach hotel, if you get a room away from the main pool it is quiet, the beach is excellent and the gardens are fantastic.
Long flights but well wort it.
Would I visit again - yes.

Jones & Robbins (2012)

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main pool area are quiet enough, you won'y be bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Russell J

Dear guest,

We are very glad knowing that we have been part of your first experience in Cuba and that you enjoyed your whole trip. Thank you for your time and hope to see you here again.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Most of the previous reviews had some truth to them. Both the good and the bad. The good: The pool-lovely and clean and big; the buffet- a nice selection and we recommed the stir fry and pasta bars and the omelettes in the morning; the beach- lovely though it was a bit windy when we were there; the Cubans- very friendly and helpful; check in and out- very smooth
The bad: the smelly lagoon- got bug bites from it; the rooms- very out dated and the towels and sheets stained although the maid did the best she could to keep it "clean"; the a la cartes- food not great although the ambiance wasn't bad. The entertainment- mostly audience participation shows with a couple of dance numbers; the air conditioning in the rooms was terrible - mostly damp air
We all had fun in our big group but I wouldn't go back until the rooms were are renovated and the lagoon was cleaned up.

Room Tip: They don't let you choose your room anyway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mockingbird123

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are working on renovations of the hotel rooms and the job to clean up the lagoon is going on. So, we hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

just returned on the 9th march, after doing 3 nights in havana and 11 nights at the tryp.
the staff were brilliant so nice and genuine. food was good enough we always found something to eat. tried chinese, italian, international and grill restaurants enjoyed them all. on the last night of our stay the british were invited to a farewell dinner, it was great, lovely food and the manager spoke to everyone of us. the cuban band played and we had a fab time. the overall holiday was excellent value for what we had paid. just remember to take the round pin european plugs

Room Tip: block 2 views of the sea
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank catherineNorthWales

Dear Guest,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our resort. Thank you for your time to write your comments. Hope that you can comeback and visit us again.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Tryp with my three girls and my 10 month old grandson. The plane was late but check in was fast but since it was after 10, most things were closed already. It would be nice if the hotel could keep a restaurant open.

The staff are wonderful at Tryp. Always smiling and very friendly. Yes some of them try to sell you stuff but don't bother you again if you say no. People might think we get this attention because we are repeat guests but they are the same to all their guests unless you are rude to them.

Unfortunately the weather was not as nice. It rained two days and then it was so windy. Only the last two days we could go down to the beach. But the main complaint I have is that the bars were always kept closed when the weather was bad. The manager should see how many people are out and about the hotel. Sure the weather wasn't perfect and rained but the guest were around the pools when it was nice and should have had the bars opened. They could close the bar windows when the rain came and open again when it passed a few minutes later and the swim up bar it wouldn't matter because it is surrounded by water any ways.

Everybody talks about how the new manager is seen everywhere, which is true but just seems to ignore the guests. I was totally thrown the one night when we were at the a la carte and my older daughters went to change the baby. The manager came in the room, looked around and grabbed the high chair. I right away said," Alberto we are using that" and he put it back. My other daughter said the manager looked sorry but didn't say anything to us or even acknowledged me knowing his name or that I met him before.

The hotel is great for the young and old. Always something going on and the workers are constantly cleaning. They would have an easier job if guest wouldn't be soo rude and just leave empty cups around or use the grounds as an ashtray. There is a wide variety of food and no one can say they can't find something to eat. Yes the buffet gets repetative but any restaurant you go to has only a set menu and even if it is repetative it has a big variety to choose from.

I would recommend this hotel. Don't let the negative people get you worried because only if all you see is the negative and dwell on that you miss all the good around you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank travellingmom6

Dear Guest,

It has been very helpful to read your comments. I sincerely offer you my apologies if you felt that I acknowledged you in some way. It will be a pleasure to meet you here next time and I will do my best for you. Thank you for your time, suggestions and recommendations.