Just returned (10/03/12) from 2 weeks at the Tryp Hotel - fantastic. Staff very friendly and can't do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble and they don't bother you or beg like in other countries.
Don't take too much notice of the negative reviews others may post. If you want a beach type holiday in Cuba at a reasonable price then you will be fine in the Tryp, if Cuban food and the way they cook things doesn't bother you then the Tryp is fine. If you don't like a beach type accommodation and foreign food then go somewhere else.
We did the the twin resort stay and went to Havana for 3 nights - absolutely fantastic. Once in Havana you need to get out and see the sights well worth it. Old Havana is a must.
They are working on the Tryp and giving it a facelift, the manager is young and dynamic and is out and about on the complex and does spend time to talk and seeks your views and comments. They put on a British night on our last night to show their appreciation of how far we have travelled and how grateful for our custom, all the staff are fantastic - special thanks to Yoell Jorge and staff in the main restaurant and Alcides Capero in the Italian / Chinese Bar.
Cuba is very basic and the Tryp is more like our 3 star than 4 star, but that is the charm of visiting Cuba. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spotless, cleaned daily. You get what you pay for and hopefully won't be disappointed. Typically Carribean and worth every penny. The rum is a must.
The hotel is only as noisy as any other beach hotel, if you get a room away from the main pool it is quiet, the beach is excellent and the gardens are fantastic.
Long flights but well wort it.
Would I visit again - yes.
Jones & Robbins (2012)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Prestigia and Cancelon so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco