I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Tryp with my three girls and my 10 month old grandson. The plane was late but check in was fast but since it was after 10, most things were closed already. It would be nice if the hotel could keep a restaurant open.
The staff are wonderful at Tryp. Always smiling and very friendly. Yes some of them try to sell you stuff but don't bother you again if you say no. People might think we get this attention because we are repeat guests but they are the same to all their guests unless you are rude to them.
Unfortunately the weather was not as nice. It rained two days and then it was so windy. Only the last two days we could go down to the beach. But the main complaint I have is that the bars were always kept closed when the weather was bad. The manager should see how many people are out and about the hotel. Sure the weather wasn't perfect and rained but the guest were around the pools when it was nice and should have had the bars opened. They could close the bar windows when the rain came and open again when it passed a few minutes later and the swim up bar it wouldn't matter because it is surrounded by water any ways.
Everybody talks about how the new manager is seen everywhere, which is true but just seems to ignore the guests. I was totally thrown the one night when we were at the a la carte and my older daughters went to change the baby. The manager came in the room, looked around and grabbed the high chair. I right away said," Alberto we are using that" and he put it back. My other daughter said the manager looked sorry but didn't say anything to us or even acknowledged me knowing his name or that I met him before.
The hotel is great for the young and old. Always something going on and the workers are constantly cleaning. They would have an easier job if guest wouldn't be soo rude and just leave empty cups around or use the grounds as an ashtray. There is a wide variety of food and no one can say they can't find something to eat. Yes the buffet gets repetative but any restaurant you go to has only a set menu and even if it is repetative it has a big variety to choose from.
I would recommend this hotel. Don't let the negative people get you worried because only if all you see is the negative and dwell on that you miss all the good around you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Melia Hotels APAC and Odigeo so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco