6,160 results
All reviews quiet pool fish guest services main pool pizza a la carte restaurants lobby bar bbq grill hour bar international restaurant ocean view stir fry beautiful beach chicken entertainment staff air canada beach restaurant
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Trip Cayo Coco is our second home!!! It was our second time at Tryp Cayo Coco, and we are planning to go back soon.... I would like to thank to Alberto Jerez, Ricardo Gómez and their staff for made our second family's vacation in this hotel the best!! We love Cuba!!! the people and the Cuba's family you found at Tryp Cayo Coco!!!!. We are family of four and five including my mother in - law who always travel with us..We usually travel to different places, but Cayo Coco has got us!! We really like the beach!! ONE OF THE BEST GOD'S CREATIONS!! And the hotel TRYP CAYO COCO which is one of the best in Cayo Coco ... My kids love it ! My daughter Camila did not want to come back to Canadá, she cried before we left the hotel; and my son Fabricio was asking us when we will be back??!! We were in the airport and I tried to relax for my fly, but emotions were coming..I really did not want to come back ..I felt like I need two more weeks of great vacations!!!! But reality it says something different. TRYP CAYO COCO 'S quality service, amenities and environment has got us so bad!!!. My kids really love it! I see my kids had fun, and they really enjoyed every night's shows. People from the night entertainment are professional!!! Of course Ariel made his best dreams come true and so the dancers!!! who put all their best on stage. I LOVE the energy of the rest of the staff on stage!! The kid's show are fun and funny. The pool's games are really good, and I love to see people laughing and participating on those crazy games!! The drinks and the food are more that you can ask..As we know Cuba has its limits, but for us (the tourist) They try their best!!! The chefs make different taste of food and the drinks are great!..I liked the Spanish coffee at Tryp... just as I love it!!! The hotel is clean and everyone ask you if you need anything? while you are walking around the hotel. I really can not wait to go back and so my family!!..I hope next time we are not just five maybe eight or ten. Let's see how many we can bring with us??? THANKS TO EVERYONE AND CHAU..CHAU MICKY MOUSE!! PATRICIA

Room Tip: Bulding number five..best views!!
3  Thank PatoCanad_
AlbertoCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear guest,

thank you for your time. It is excellent to know that enjoyed one more time. Hope to see you next time, we are sure you will enjoy it once again. You are already welcome for next time.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Just back from our first trip to Cuba.......really enjoyed the Tryp.....great location, staff, beach and experience. We are two adults and four children ( ages 18, 13, 12 and 10 ). We stayed in connecting rooms 1101 and 1102 ( overlooking the quiet pool ). Very convenient and close to all the amenities of the resort. Beaches were second to none!! Could not believe how clear and warm the ocean was....WOW! Ate at 5 a'la carte restaurants and enjoyed them all, buffet was a great and easy alternative as were the two beach front restaurants at lunch. Took part in only one excursion - Horseback riding - a nice relaxing way to spend an hour.

Our reason for getting away was to spend some quality time together as a family before our eldest heads off to college in the fall.....this was a great place for that.

A few tips for you to consider: Late night swims in the quiet pool - very peaceful. Late night walks on the beach - kids love all the sand crabs. Churros and cotton candy in the evenings - not just for kids :). Grab a paddle boat and head out about 100 feet from the main beach restaurant - great snorkeling. Banana Mam's at the quiet pool bar - totally awesome.

Enjoy

8  Thank Strathroy6ontheGO

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. Is is really nice to know that we fulfilled your expectations. We will be at your disposal for your next visit. Hope to see you and your family again.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I just returned from my 5th vacation at the Tryp Resort last night and had an AMAZING time as usual! In fact we are planning our vacation for next year already! I have never written a review in previous years, but I feel that this resort has not gotten the proper recognition that it deserves. I don’t even know where to begin….

The resort and grounds are absolutely beautiful. The gardeners work tremendously hard in extreme heat to keep the grounds manicured and stunning. In actuality every corner you turn is a photo opportunity waiting to happen.
The rooms are not in the best condition, HOWEVER for the amount of time you spend in your room (shower and sleeping) this should not be a deterrent to come to this resort. Some of the rooms on the bottom levels are being redone and updated. Just a friendly reminder, this is a tropical climate, there is going to be humidity and dampness and the occasional insect or two.

The maids, cleaning staff, bartenders and waiters/ waitresses work very hard to keep the resort clean. I was disappointed at the number of tourists that take advantage of the fact that they are on vacation and leave a mess for the maids/ bartenders to clean up. The individuals that work at the resort have extremely long days and some travel up to 2 hours one way on a bus just to get to work. Although we are on vacation, it would be nice to see the tourists having a little more respect for the resort and the staff that work there.

The beach…there is only one word to describe it: BREATHTAKING! The ocean is calm, clear and varying shades of blue and turquoise. The beach is long, wide and white and perfect for walking. There are hundreds of fish that swim close to the shoreline. There are many huts along the beach for shade and lots of chairs.

The food is delicious. The buffet has MANY options for all meals and there is something that will satisfy everyone’s palate. For those individuals that say that the food is not good, I would truly like to see what they are eating back at home. Yes, some things are “different”, however we have to remember that we are tourists visiting another country and experiencing their culture and part of experiencing culture is sampling the food. My suggestion is to be open to the selection; the worst that could happen is you might actually enjoy it. The general manager is always present during mealtimes, walking around ensuring everything is up to standards and the cooks /chefs walk around refilling the trays constantly. The A la Cartes are very good as well and the selection is great.

The entertainment team is fantastic! They ensure that the guests are having a great time and have various activities throughout the day and night. The shows at night are spectacular. I am always left in awe after the seeing the shows. Every dancer has such passion and it is evident every night.

What sets this resort apart from others is the staff that works here. They are wonderful, caring and loving individuals that will do anything to make sure that you are enjoying yourself and having the best vacation possible. They are always happy and smiling and will often greet you with kiss once you befriend them. We feel like we are family and the Tryp has become a second home to us.

Counting down the days until our next visit!

18  Thank cubanheat

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and your time to write these comments. It has been excellent. Hope to meet you again, you will be always welcome back to your second home.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Last year was our second time at Tryp and it was even better than the last. The staff is so professional and friendly that we had a very relaxing and stress free holiday. We stayed for 2 weeks with our 2 sons, age 15 and 7, and they loved it as much as my husband and I did. They keep asking when will we visit again. We feel like part of their family whenever we are there. I would highly, highly recommend this resort and in fact have sent many people to Tryp for their holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank fotinikritikos

Dear guest,

Thank you for your time and for your recommendations. It is very nice to have friends like you. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My girlfriend, her mother and her 9 year old neice stayed here from the 9th of July til the 16th with HolaSun and it was great, all of us loved it at ages from 9-63. If you are a very picky a precise person and are expecting something like the Thompson Hotel, Royal York or Ritz, then don't come and waste your money.

1st things 1st, as soon as you get on the plane departing wherever you are, PUT ON BUG SPRAY!!! Hurricane season is from April til November or something like that which makes the country, NOT TRYP, but the whole country damp which makes the mosquitoes even worse! Try to bring on the spray bug spray and not the one in the aersol container because you will not get in with it!

The weather was absolutely amazing, CRAZY HOT but you get very used to it. No need for pants or sweaters! Just bug spray at night! The pool is warm at night time as well along with the beach for a midnight swim!

Pools are well kept, and light up at night time which make it fun to swim in! 1 pool bar right beside the stage which is good. In total they have 4 different pools. The main one literally right beside the swim up bar, the kids one, and then another pool by building 12 or one of those high numbers which is very quiet. They have 2 huge whirlpools as well which is pretty cool. The pools are all well kept and you can always get a lounge chair no matter what. Don't lose or lend your towels to anyone or else you have to pay 25$ to replace it! Never happened to us but we heard about these things happening.

Food was actually very good! I didnt know what to expect since it was my 1st time in Cuba and I really like it! Yeah you may need to use the washroom but that may be from mixing too much alcohol with the food that you're not used to eating! A little salt doesn't hurt either. 1 huge tip that we found out! If you go to the buffet from when it opens to about an hour and half 2 hours in you will find line ups! after that its smooth sailing which gives you time to interact with the chefs who are all amazing and funny!

The Rooms:
Yes the rooms are a little dated but its a 15 year old hotel, what do you expect? The beds are comfy, the tvs work, you get a bidet, shower, tub, and it's honestly really nice! THIS IS THE BIGGEST TIP I CAN GIVE ANYBODY!!! EMAIL THE RESORT ASKING FOR RICARDO IN GUEST SERVICES! I was set up with him and asked him for 1 king bed for my girlfriend and my self near the pool and beach IF POSSIBLE. If not we would be fine. He had emailed me back, told me I was in building 5, and to go right to guest services upon arrival. Good thing that this happened, the check in line was HUGE, but we by passed it all. Had an a la carte made for us for every night, gave my girlfriends mom and niece and ocean view room in building 5, and gave us our 1 king bed WITH OCEAN VIEW and a complimentary bottle of rum per room! Ricardo is absolutely amazing and went beyond expectations! PS, bring extra toilet paper if you use the washroom alot!

The shows at night are alot of fun, hotel is well kept, you will need bug spray at night, there is alot of wild life there, bring cat treats!! We stumbled upon a new litter of kittens which I almost took home and there's an orange cat that stays by the main bar in the lobby, take care of them! They're wild but very sweet and affectionate! There are also dogs, peacocks, flamingoes, crabs all on the resort! Outside the resort is alot of bulls, cows and horses.

EXCURSIONS!
Amazing. Absolutely Amazing. Horseback riding is a must, do the lobster dinnner, mm mm mmmm. Jeep Safari, I hope you can drive standard because if you can it's alot of fun! Speed boats, bring your own snorkel gear from walmart and give it to the people running it at the end, they appreciate it sooooo much! You see alot of things and driving the boat is alotttt of fun!

We met some one off the Jeep excursion whos name was Argelio. We rented a car and got him to take us to Havana which was a 5 hour drive, but ALOT of fun. He's absolutely amazing, We paid for the car and gas, and he didnt want any food but we forced it upon him haha. Bring gifts for him, his wife and his 2 year old adorable baby boy and do not take advantage of him as I still keep in contact with him! all he asks for is a tip, but we tipped him VERY WELL. We stayed in a cuban house which is designated to rent out for tourists for only 30 pesos a room! They give you breakfast as wel for 4 pesos. Argelio set all this up for us and took us all around Habana, be very friendly with him as he can be a bit shy, but hes an amazing guy. Dont forget to bring other gifts for people that work on the resort as well! The beach shop guy has a 7 year old son too and doesn't mind trading souvenirs for gifts hint hint.

The beach:
Well spoken for. Breath taking.

All and all this is a wonderful resort for all ages, I even met the GM personally who some people talk rude about and I don't know why when he takes VERY good care of you. Alot of people stay for 2 weeks, and return for multiple vacations at the same resort. Everything is wonderful there.

Room Tip: Building 5! 2nd or 3rd floor!
11  Thank cloudyweather

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments it is very nice to read your comments here. Hope to se you and your family on your next visit. Very good feedback!