pros: they were always very smiley and friendly towards all the guests
cons: some of the staff would put a little bit more effort in preparing whatever it was you ordered after receiving a tip
pros: I stayed in building 5 (which had an ocean view) on the main floor; rooms 515 and 516. The bed was slightly harder than what i'm used to and the blankets as well as towels seem to always be stained/ in adequate condition. It also had a weird smell to it (the blankets) but i think it was some sort of mosquito spray they put on it. I found that i had to spray scented perfume on my neck every night so that i would smell the perfume @ night rather than the weird smell. The showers were very weak also and the bathrooms were not really what you would call in "great" condition.
Lots of great activities going on with the help of the entertainment crew. Music would always be played and there would be lots of games and cool stuff happening for all ages even until 2 a.m
It would be a great idea to make reservations from different restaurants because trust me, you WILL get tired of eating about the same thing every day @ the buffet. Face it, breakfast is probably the same everyday but for lunch and dinner, for sure you have options. My favourite restaurant was the oriental, it was delicious (aside from the sushi as part of the appetizer) In order to make reservations, there should be a reservation desk where the buffet doors are. For extra help, be sure to go to the orientation on the first morning/day upon arrival
- the drinks tasted the best at the lobby bar (tip them once or twice while they prepare the drinks because they will make amazingly make a better tasting drink in the future)
Be sure to tell them its not "to go" and that you are staying here. This is so that they give you your drink in a decorated glass rather then a plastic cup. The drinks at the bar near the oriental/ italian restaurant has such great presentation (i'm talking about the banana mama drink order)
- For any of the excursions you are interested in, make sure you make friends and ask around because you could be saving a lit more money if you sign up for excursions around the beach area as opposed to the "main" location which is around the buffet area.
- for a great family trip, you must try the snorkeling excursion !!!!! go on the beach @ around building 8 i think and ask for the glass boat, you surely won't be disappointed !!!! only $20/ person.
- BEWARE OF MOSQUITOES ( make sure to purchase afterbite as well as mosquito repellent)
I hope this review was helpful :) Have fun to those going in the future !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Melia Hotels APAC, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Prestigia and Cancelon so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco