Iberostar Mojito(Cayo Coco)
USD 181
USD 126
iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
USD 154
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
USD 152
USD 146
USD 157
USD 145
USD 111
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 135/night.

USD 165
USD 115
Iberostar Daiquiri(Cayo Guillermo)
USD 181
USD 130
iberostar.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Melia Cayo Guillermo(Cayo Guillermo)
USD 183
Cancelon
galahotels.com
  • Pool
6,799 results
All reviewslagoon roombilliard barinternational restaurantbeach barfishstandard roomanimation teama la carte restaurantsthomas cookfantastic holidayfood and beverage managerpastaplenty of sunbedsspecial thanksthe main buffet restaurantreturning gueststhe grill
Reviewed 5 April 2018

As a prequel to this review, I'd like to give some background to the audience about myself, since that seems relevant. I am a 38 year old male and I went on vacation with my wife with no intention other than to relax. This was my 5th stay in Cuba (also previously stayed at the Barcelo Solymar, Iberostar Varadero, Iberostar Mojito, Iberostar Laguna Azul). I paid $2800 (for two) and stayed for 7 days.

THE SKINNY:

For those who want the conclusion but not the fine details, we felt the resort gave us excellent value and that it lived up to the "#1 in Cuba" rating on TripAdvisor. The service was excellent, which in my opinion, is the most important factor when evaluating an all-inclusive resort. The food was the best I've had at a resort in Cuba, significantly better than all other resorts I've been to. The resort grounds are still recovering from hurricane Irma but the staff are working hard to make it perfect again.

I would highly recommend the resort (at this time of the year) to anyone who enjoys a clean room, comfortable sleep, a beautiful beach, and good food. If you're a couple looking for a quiet getaway or retired, this is the place for you. I would definitely not recommend this resort to singles or anyone in the younger demographic (18-29). It is an older crowd and not intended for partying. There is no loud music or late night entertainment. After the evening shows end around 23:00, it is very quiet.

THE LONG VERSION:

THE RESORT GROUNDS - (4/5) - The lobby is nothing special to look at but still inviting. There is a large, comfortable indoor sitting area with a piano bar and a beautiful outdoor stone terrace with small gazebos and an outdoor bar.

Internet access, for Cuban standards, was actually quite decent. Connectivity costs 1 CUC per hour, and is somewhat unreliable, but better than anywhere else I've been in Cuba. There are desktops available if you do not have your own device. I didn't run a speed test, but don't even think about running any bandwidth intensive applications. I heard from other guests that apps like Snapchat and Facetime don't work, but I don't use them so I was unable to confirm. There are a few shops near the main entrance. I saw a cigar shop which I did not enter, and a few different gift shops with outrageous prices ($35 for sunscreen). Make sure you pack everything you need unless you don't mind paying out the wazoo.

If you're accustomed to typical all-inclusive pool areas, you may be disappointed with this one. It is relatively small and does not have a swim-up bar. I understand that this isn't a party resort, but the bar missing from the pool left the area mostly lifeless during the day. There were long stretches where there wasn't a single person in the pool, which we found very strange and really dampened the atmosphere. It almost felt awkward getting in, as if people were all sitting and watching to see who would get in first. There are a good number of gazebos with pool chairs and also cozy private cabanas around the pool, but if you want these chairs, you'll have to get to the pool early since they are the first chairs occupied every day. The hotel has a "no chair reservation" policy, but by 7AM, all the premium spots are occupied by people who wake up early, leave their belongings on a chair, and return later. There is a fruit juice bar near the pool which is a nice touch --- it provides fresh fruit smoothies that we enjoyed.

The beach is beautiful and has plenty of chairs and shaded area for everyone. We never felt we were fighting for a spot. There are two boardwalk entrances to the beach, but only 1 beach bar, so if you're keen on drinks at the beach, you'll need to hover close to the entrance near the beach hut. The other entrance is nowhere near a bar, and there is no drink service on the beach (more on that later).

FOOD - VERY GOOD (4.5/5) - I place a high premium on good food and this was my best experience in Cuba thus far. Like most resorts, the buffet has a large variety of options, however the difference here is that a lot of the food actually tastes good. I lost track of the things I went back for seconds on, but some that I remember include: grilled chicken drumsticks, rabbit stew, fish soup, minestrone soup, fried cassava/yuca, and roast ham. Those were all typical buffet hot plate options, but there were also other "can't miss" options such as the omelette stations at breakfast, the crepe stations at breakfast/lunch/dinner, and the fantastic shrimp hotplate on Cuban night. If you're a fan of fresh fruit, you'll never go hungry. The guava, papaya, pineapple, and bananas are all plentiful and bursting with flavor.

We tried all 3 restaurants and had mostly positive experiences. The Cuban restaurant on the beach is a nice setting and has good (but not great) food. My wife and I both ordered the fried snapper and it was good, but nothing else was noteworthy. It's mostly the setting that makes this restaurant. There's nothing quite like eating a meal out in the open on the beach. Our only real negative experience was at the Mediterranean restaurant, where my wife bought a lobster dinner (with gnocchi) for 16 CUCs, and it was just awful. Ordering gnocchi with lobster probably isn't the best combination to begin with, but the lobster was very tough, bitter, and wasn't cleaned properly. My order of blue fish was much better (and free!). For a lobster dish that comes at an additional cost, it should have been much better. The desserts weren't very good either, and we felt that in general, we would have been better off at the buffet than at this spot. The best restaurant, by a long shot, was "Las Caletas" or the international restaurant. It is situated on the water and feels like a posh restaurant in many ways --- the ambiance, the interior, the service, and the food. Everything we ate at this restaurant was fantastic. I had the carrot soup, rabbit, and pumpkin pie. My wife had the same carrot soup and pork entree, and we were both raving about everything we ordered. Don't forget that long pants for males are required at all restaurants. We watched a guest get turned away at Las Caletas, which was unfortunate.

DRINKS - POOR (2.5/5) - Overall, the beverages were disappointing. The best beverages are all made at the main bar in the lobby. The cappuccino and coffee at this bar are very good. I'm not sure why, but coffee and cappuccino from the buffet are awful. It must be a different grind or instant mix that they use, but regardless, get your java from the main bar. The supply of liquor is inadequate for a 5 star all-inclusive. The menus have all sorts of drink options, but most of what I asked for was not available. I asked for amaretto, and was told they don't serve it, and then was told the same for Kahlua and Crown Royal. Not a big deal, but from a 5 star I expected better. We found the house wine to be dreadful regardless of where we ordered it from, however this has been our experience at every resort in Cuba, so nothing in particular against this location. There are premium wines that you can purchase, but we did not try them. It's worth noting that you can buy premium liquor at the cigar shop, but it is very expensive. You're better off bringing your own bottle of premium booze. The mojitos were very underwhelming. During our last visit, we had mojitos from a bar in Havana that were flavorful and well balanced, but the ones we ordered from the bar all tasted like rum and soda. We're not beer drinkers so not comment there. The drinks that we enjoyed were brown cows, rum and coke, and spiked hot chocolate. For us, those options were more than enough, but it would have been nice to have been able to enjoy a wider variety of mixed drinks.

ROOM - EXCELLENT (5/5) - We stayed in room 7314, which is on the lower level of one of the two-story units. The location was ideal, the room was very clean, and the air conditioning was functional, so all the important factors were accounted for. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. The room had an ironing board, a safe, an LED TV with a decent selection of channels, a closet with hangers, good lighting, functional 220V power outlets, and a nicely stocked and functional refrigerator. The washroom was clean, with a standard shower, sink area, and functional plumbing. It also had a 110V socket attached to the hair dryer unit which was useful for plugging in shavers, toothbrushes, and other low powered devices. The water pressure in the shower was good and the hot water plentiful.

The interior of the room is nothing to look at, but all the things that matter to me (functionality and cleanliness) were completely accounted for. In addition, the flexible outlets in the room were great and the TV allowed access to an HDMI-in, which is not typical for resorts. That allowed me to plug in my phone and Nintendo Switch to the TV, which was an unexpected bonus.

Overall, I was very pleased with the room.

SERVICE - VERY GOOD (4/5) - I would give the service a perfect score if not for the fact that there is no drink service at the pool or at the beach. I've been to lesser resorts in Cuba where this service was included, and it really is a no-brainer. It shouldn't take much to designate a server at the beach and the pool from 11AM-5PM. It would go a long way with the guests and a great way for staff to make tips.

Aside from that, I felt that the staff was extremely pleasant, helpful, and outgoing. It did not feel like a "2 Tiers of Service" resort, where the tippers get served and everyone else is ignored. I felt as though the staff did not expect anything, which made it so much easier to tip them. It felt as though the people took pleasure in their work which made their service enjoyable. Kudos to the Melia staff, all around.

GYM - GOOD - (3/5) - There is a decent fitness room on the top floor that is well ventilated. There are some freeweights, a bench press, and some universal machines - chest press, lat pulldown, tricep press, etc. There are a very reasonable number of cardio machines that are fully functional. Not bad at all! I didn't try the spa so no comment there.

ENTERTAINMENT - EXCELLENT (5/5) - We were consistently wowed by the entertainment team, which was absolutely fantastic and made our vacation that much better. Since the stage was damaged by the hurricane, the dancers performed by the pool side and in the lobby, which made the performances feel more intimate and intense. Needless to say, Cuban dancers are second to none when it comes to dancing. They probably have more rhythm in a fingernail than most people have in their whole bodies, and this dance team was no exception. Their spins, flips, and general energy will blow you away.

The entertainment team is more than dancers though. They have awesome Cuban bands that play at the beach restaurant at lunch time --- don't miss that. On one occasion, the band was playing and joined by a few couples from the dance team that performed their salsa/merengue while the band played. Fantastic stuff. They also had a different band that in the evening at the lobby, and were also excellent. The one act that really stood out was the group of 4 Cuban singers that performed covers of cheesy 90s songs --- man, they were so good, they were capable of even making those songs sound great. They really were amazing singers, which really came through when one of them covered Pavarotti's "Nessun Dorma", tenor style. It was incredible and he got a standing ovation from the entire lobby. There are also jugglers, acrobats, and human statues, all of which had memorable performances. The performers weren't just good at their acts but were also highly engaging with the guests, and had very positive energy. They often made guests part of the act and made it a fun experience. Hats off to the entertainment team, all around.

THE CONCLUSION:

If you are looking for a nice beach, a comfortable room, and good sleep, very good food, great service, and excellent early evening entertainment, you will enjoy this resort. Do not expect a party atmosphere or a late night party type of scene, and remember that the pool will be quiet and does not have a swim up bar. Overall, I consider the Melia Cayo Cayo a 5 star resort and would highly recommend it. Happy vacationing and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Malitz
MeliaCay0C0c0, General Manager at Melia Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Malitz,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on this important website. Our customer's opinions are of paramount importance, we need them in order to become better for your future enjoyment. Understand that our goal is and will always be to provide you with the best possible experience, all of our efforts aim to that end. Thank you very much for so nicely commenting on our facilities and services. I'm very glad to know you found our food and services to be one of the best you have experienced in Cuba!!.Thank you for providing so many details, thank you for all your compliments every time you have taken to share your experience with other readers from this site. I often tell my team how passionate we have to be about customer service. It is actually simple. We have to care; we have to go the extra mile for that is what makes all the difference, and your comments along with the positive feedback we constantly get are a definite proof of that. We will make sure to revise the areas where you feel we should improve and correct them as quickly as possible. There are always adjustments to be made and your observations and suggestions always help us to do so. We truly hope to see you many times ahead; we are very much looking forward to providing you with another excellent holiday in Meliá Cayo Coco, therefore if you have any special request, do not hesitate in letting us know, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Just returned from 8 wonderful days at the Melia and I’m so sad that it is over! To give some context for this review, I have stayed in many all-inclusive resorts both in Cuba and in many other tropical countries. Sixth time in Cuba, first time in Cayo Coco.

Check in Experience and Reception Desk Service: Check-in was perfect, I did not have to wait in line at all and was greeted by a lovely gentleman, I believe Yenny or Lenny (sorry!), he told me everything I needed to know about the resort such as location of buffet and restaurants and open and close times etc and within minutes I was off to my room in a great mood. Throughout the rest of my stay all of the reception desk staff were very helpful and friendly, always willing to provide small bills when I exchanged Canadian dollars to pesos for tipping when I would ask, and able to answer all your questions.

Grounds: Lovely! Very clean, no visible garbage. Staff often seen working hard doing maintenance. Public bathrooms were always clean, never lacking toilet paper or soap. Lobby is beautiful and modern with plenty of comfy chairs, and the outdoor seating area next to the indoor portion of the lobby is gorgeous, surrounded by lush greenery and all white furniture. Lovely gardens throughout resort with colourful flowers and decor. The gardeners did an excellent job at replanting vegetation that was destroyed by hurricane Irma! They suffered the loss of their old mature vegetation however do not let this concern you as the there are plenty of gardens with beautiful green plants, flowers and palm trees, with butterflies fluttering about absolutely everywhere. If you are a wildlife fan, there are 5 or so turtles that live in the pond near the pool around one side of the pool, I adore them. Also lizards running about, birds and crabs.

Food: I did not try the a-la-cartes so my judgment of the food is based off the buffet, 24 hour snack bar and beach restaurant. All had a great selection, especially the buffet. Plenty of fresh fruits like guava and papaya available at all times, and no shortage of lettuce and vegetables for making salads. There is a fresh meat, fish, and seafood grill section at the buffet where food is grilled in front you, loved the clams, mussels, squid, crab, giant shrimp, delicious! Food meant to be hot at the buffet is always hot. The chefs are very creative with their cold fare as well, I loved the meat tartare crostini bites, delicious! Loved the themed sections too such as Asian.

Snack bar has good variety of casual eats and is set in a beautiful brand new and elegant all white setting right by the pool. So nice to have calamari and poutine here. The beach restaurant has a small buffet as well as tasty la carte options, and there is always a wonderful live band playing classic latin songs. This is always a fun spot, where people will often get up and dance near the musicians and everyone always seems very happy. Lastly, don’t forget that the Health Bar exists, like I did – it is a little hut by the pool where you can get fruit smoothies, I regret not trying them!

Service: Truly amazing, I could not have asked for more attentive, friendly and hard working staff. They will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and they do it with a a smile. For example, the gentleman who works at the seafood station knew how much I loved shrimps, and one night a server showed up to my table with a surprise plate of shrimps that the seafood chef had sent over! This warmed my heart so much! (so terribly sorry for forgetting his name because he is so wonderful). Also, the gardeners were so incredibly sweet and friendly and always ask you if you are having a good day - shoutout to Felipe and Richard who kindly gave me a palm tree leaf hat and made me a palm tree leaf shaped into a grasshopper! Every time I passed them in the gardens, their chatter always had me smiling – they would always make sure to ask me everyday “Are you happy?" and when asked back, they would tell me they were happy if I was happy. Miss them already. The day and night chambermaids also do nice little things to make you feel special, they do an excellent job keeping the room clean and leave you sweet towel animals, flower petals, chocolates and nice little notes wishing you a great stay, my thanks to all of them.

The servers and bartenders were all absolutely wonderful, I want to give special thanks to the very kind and personable beach bartender Yamil who makes the best mojitos who I sadly never got to give a proper goodbye to before his day off. (The gin and tonic & mojito lover says hello!) Special mentions also to Eddy, Arley, Yoan, Lenita, Rolando and Joseph, who were very attentive and delivered excellent service, however it is important to note that truly, all the staff, at all levels, were truly hard working and kind!

Beach: Gorgeous, and never had an issue finding a spot at any time of day. The sand is powder white and the ocean is beautiful turquoise blue, wavier on windier days but was never rough, and calmer on less windy days. There are actually two beaches (really the same beach but divided by a big rock cliff), the "second" one you can walk to by going towards the abandoned building / cliff. This beach is absolutely stunning, with crystal clear calm waters always, and crabs and fish near the mangroves and rock edges of the cliff for the wildlife enthusiasts.

Entertainment: Very impressive, the dancers and performers were so talented! One night there was a very talented performer hanging in the air doing like cirque du soleil style acrobatics, and then two very strong men did an amazing performance where they would hold each other up with their arms in insanely challenging positions. The entertainers would get us up and dancing after the performances which was a lot of fun.

Rooms: I stayed in the classic room with a beach view. As its a small cozy resort, I was also close to the lobby, snack bar and buffet which was great. Room is on the older side, not newly renovated (which I was aware of and chose with that knowledge), but spacious, 100% clean and functional. I had no issues with water pressure/ hot water or safe the entire stay. Huge bed and really big balcony, you can see gorgeous sunrises and sunsets over the ocean!

Lastly, the wifi worked perfectly for my entire stay, I was able to get online anytime I wanted in the Wi-Fi areas, for the usual 1 peso per hour.

To conclude, I had a really wonderful stay and would not hesitate to return or recommend this resort to family and friends. I was truly heart warmed by the kindness of the staff can completely see why this resort has so many repeat guests, many who have been coming to the resort for years. The staff’s hospitality is one of a kind! Muchas Gracias Melia!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank lovefortravel116

Dear lovefortravel116
We are so proud to read the comments from such an experienced traveler. After previous stays in Cuba you certainly know what to be expected and what can be offered. It is amazing to read that you have encountered our hotel to be one of the best in Cuba and recommend us on this site by posting such a wonderful review which definitely describes what Meliá Cayo Coco is all about. Just by your vivid and detailed description I can quite picture the amazing time you had with us. I can see you made qquite an emphasis on our staff and I totally agree with you, they are the true stars of our universe, they are very professional and I always cheer them for their right doing, thank you so much for mentioning those who stood out the most for you. I am so happy to learn that you felt so loved and well looked after by them and that you made new friends, and you got to meet our beloved turtles!! They are so beautiful and always come up to the surface of our fountain to say hello in the mornings, they are very popular among our guests. And what to say about the Beach Restaurant, excellent food, excellent service and excellent music, Son del Río, our musical group, really knows how to put everybody in the mood for fun, their music is quite intoxicating and it is very hard to resist the urge to get up from your table and join the dancing crowd, I'm so glad to know you got to experience those wonderful moments. The night show that you liked so much was the White Night and I guess I would be short of words to describe how spectacular this is, from the talented dancers up to the performers who delight us every two weeks on Fridays, it really leaves you asking for more, we wish it never ended. And you definetely have to try our Health Bar the next time, once you taste Rolando's smoothies you will be hooked for life!! I want to thank you once again for every word of compliment, we are very glad to know we have been able to provide you with a very enjoyable holiday experience. Your comments make us feel like we are succeeding on our daily efforts to make our hotel even better for your future enjoyment and we have been happy to share all your remarks with our team. I do look forward to seeing you again, it would be our pleasure looking after your stay once again so please, let us know if there is any request we may honor prior to your arrival and we will be just too happy to assist.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Returned from the Melia just over a month ago now and already planning our next trip back! I went with my family and we all fell in love with the resort and the staff! I’ve been to Melia Americas in Veradero before but this resort completely exceeded my expectations. The grounds of the resort were beautifully kept, the food was amazing, the service was impeccable, not to mention the entertainment staff are who made the trip, 100%!
Victor made the trip SO much fun with our volleyball matches and dancing, he is always engaging with the guests and making sure everyone is having a good time. Also another shoutout to Jinette who is an absolute sweetheart, also always making sure we were taking care of and having fun. I would recommend going to the cave with these two (Tuesday nights) don’t miss out!
Needless to say, we didn’t have one worry the whole time (other then losing luggage) but even during that, we couldn’t bring ourselves to be upset about it seeing as we were constantly pampered.
The food was surprisingly good with lots of flavour (as you often here otherwise), the international restaurant was probably my favourite pick.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to come here, it is pure heaven.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Ailish W

Dear Ailish W,
We are so happy to read your first time with us was a very good holiday experience you are already looking forward to repeating! Thank you very much for all your compliments which I have been very glad to share with my team, especially with the entertainment staff you so kindly mention on your review. I am very glad to know that you have encountered our food and services to a high standard, especially at the International Restaurant and that you were made to feel as part of our family. Thank you very much for all your compliments and for recommending us on this site, and please, choose us again. We will be very glad to meet all your requests to make sure you have another positive experience in Cuba.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from our 11th visit to the Melia - our last one being 3 years ago and we weren't disappointed!

We were devastated by the damage caused by Irma, however all the amazing hard working staff have done a brilliant job getting everything back on track.

Even during our 2 week visit the improvements could be seen on a daily basis the gardners do an outstanding job and everything is looking very pretty again.

In our opinion the beach has never looked so good, it was strange having a sea view from the pool when we have been used to all the palm trees surrounding it but in saying that it still looks amazing.

The highlight of our holiday was that we loved seeing all our Cuban friends (and making new ones!) we had missed them all so much - it was lovely catching up with them again. From the minute we arrived it was like we had never been away. A special thank you to Giselle for making Gary's 50th birthday so special, we have known Giselle from our first visit and she means the world to us.

We had a room on the lagoon and couldn't fault it - it was immaculately cleaned every day and the mini bar was always well stocked up (Thank you Aldon!). It didn't bother us in the slightest but sometimes you could hear noise from the Pullman hotel next door when you were out on the balcony.

Food and drinks as always was all very good with plenty of choice. We missed the Italian restaurant this time - it was always a favourite but has now been changed to Mediterranean.

We had a walk through the Sol which was looking lovely (on our way to the Tryp) but were shocked by the beach round the corner from it which was always amazing - it is now just full of seaweed and bits of rubble, also Irma has caused a lot of damage to the Tryp it was very upsetting to see. A lot of work was getting carried out when we visited.

We took the hop on hop off bus to the Melia Guillermo (5 pesos return) it's worth a day out - everything was looking good, and the food was also very nice.

We had a walk down to the market (took about 20 minutes) which is nice to pick up a few souvenirs, and I would definitely recommend one of the pina coladas from the little stall outside ... delicious!

As always we made lots of friends and had a lovely relaxing holiday ... it's a hard life when the only decisions you need to make are pool or beach and which cocktail to drink next!

We will be back !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brezhy
MeliaCay0C0c0, General Manager at Melia Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear brezhy,
We truly appreciate your sincere feedback on your recent stay with us after the pass of hurricane Irma. We feel very touched with your words and I am glad to know that we have fulfilled our goal of transmitting to you how special you really are to us. Such nice comments make us realize that our efforts have definetely paid off and that we are on the right path to full recovery.We have lot to thank you for. First of all, for trusting us and deciding to spend your holidays here even when you knew about the devastation caused by the hurricane. Right from the moment hurricane Irma head away from us, we have felt committed to fully recover in the shortest possible time, so that our customers can return to the Meliá Cayo Coco they know and love. We are grateful for your praises; the positive feedback we get from our experienced guests inspires us and gives us strength to continue making our best. We are aware of the fact that the performance of each member of the staff, from gardeners to managers, is what makes the difference, they are a credit to the hotel and our biggest asset. They all will love your kind and honest compliments. We do look forward to seeing you again, it would be our pleasure looking after your stay once again so please, let us know if there is any request we may honor prior to your arrival and we will be just too happy to assist.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

we stay in lagune premie room 1621 we didn't sleep because of the roof make noise of the wind at night and the lagune water is very dirty and smell the food was good compare with the other melia resorts .

Room Tip: safe your money do no upgrade for lagune rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
MeliaCay0C0c0, General Manager at Melia Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear martineY7469NY,
In first place, I would like to thank you for posting your review on this important site. Our guest’s opinions and suggestions are of the upmost importance for us to improve our ongoing services. Receive my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations in your visit to our hotel. With regards of the smell coming from the lagoon I must explain you that this is a natural lagoon, so it is normal to sense a different smell during hot days, only that after the passing of the hurricane the main stream has been blocked by the mangrove keeping the water from circulating properly. Since the lagoon is a very important part of our hotel the institutions such as the MINTUR (Ministry of Tourism) and the Cuban Institution CITMA (Ministry of science, technology and environment) have already been informed about the task of cleaning the mangrove. Rest assured that it is in our best interest to sort this matter out and as soon as possible. I'm very glad to know you found our food and service to be one of the best of the Cayos, this is a very much complimented aspect of the hotel and we are very pleased to know we were up to your expectations. Your opinion is very important for us, and you have our commitment, from both the hotel management and all the staff, that all of your comments will be used to improve our services and make sure that all of our customers have a pleasant stay with us. We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the holiday vacation that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at Meliá Cayo Coco.