“Disappointing”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed here the night before an early flight.

The rooms were very small, the drinks prices were quite high & the service in the restaurant was very slow.

The hotel carpark is pay & display but if you have booked s hotel & parking package, your night in the hotel car park may be included. I saw some people trying to get their money back from reception as they hadn't known this was the case.

Will probably stay somewhere else next time I'm flying from Manchester.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank NJMacEwan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Confirmation said check in was at 1400 but thanks to good service by member of staff on reception this morning (aug1st) we were in room at 1130/1200.

Room clean with a slight stain on carpet but hey I'm just not going to look at it.

So far impressive on first view and impression

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Not a bad hotel been to worse shame you had to pay for swimming when it says it's included with the price the food was good bar prices weren't that bad for an hotel and not to far away from airport parking was good

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed for one night as I was working in the airport for two days, and chose this hotel for the swimming pool over other nearby alternatives. I was told on arrival I would have to pay £5 to use the pool - never have I had to pay extra to use a hotel pool so I didn't bother.

Just headed up to my room to find a low standard of decor in a small room. I then looked in the bathroom and wondered why the sandpaper (toilet roll) dispenser was mounted above the cistern where you couldn't reach it rather than on the empty wall next to the side of the toilet...

So I headed downstairs for a bar meal- menu a little limited and overpriced so I was going to have a reasonable value burger, alas they had no burgers, steak or tuna- half the menu unavailable! I tried to pay £11 for a toasted sandwich, but having problems with the card machine which took 10 minutes to resolve. I had no cash (there isn't an atm) and didn't want to charge to my room. When I asked to pay using the machine in reception (next door) I couldn't do that as it is on a different system?! Anyway given the delay in payment I then received food immediately which was adequate.

Then to bed; no noise that I heard as others have reported so a reasonable nights sleep.

Up for breakfast in the morning - bread for toast was all stale despite being in a covered container (left over from yesterday?) there were 2 croissants and 2 pan au chocolat. Some yogurt which I could swear was watered down and one choice of meat and cheese - this advertised "continental" option didn't appeal so I opted for full English. Walking in at 0710 when I was told full English was only available from 0700 I would have expected the food to be fresh - but alas it had all been dried out by the hot lamps.

Overall not worth £89.50- next time I will stick with the radisson which I've always found to be superior. The only reason I chose this hotel for the pool, but I wasn't prepared to pay extra for something that should have been included!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank chrisw611
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Having stayed at this hotel many times, while owned by Holiday inn, we had an expectation of what to expect. How wrong we were. Hotel has gone rapidly downhill. We stayed the night before flight and the night of our return. Both rooms were at garden level. Rooms were disgusting. Not clean, very run down. Wardrobes were broken, furniture was grubby and I will not start on the state of the bathroom as would be here all day. Only 2 small towels for a family of 4. Check in both times was a joke. One person who was ran ragged. We had booked and paid for various transfers to and from airport only to find that they were not added to our booking on their system. We found ourselves having to pay for an extra lot of transfers due to admin error. Food was ok, overpriced and slow service. Bar was overpriced and shut at 11pm. We found the hotel very noisy on our return stay due to various crowds of boys football teams staying in the hotel. Wandering past our room and talking / shouting at tops of their voices and making a general nuisance of themselves at reception, in corridors and in the main bar area. We booked an executive family room and a double room for both nights as my parents were travelling with us. we left the hotel very disappointed as the stay did not come cheap.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank annonD1362
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
2.6 km away
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
2.2 km away
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Airport Inn Manchester

Address: Altrincham Road, Wilmslow SK9 4LR, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Manchester Airport)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Cheshire > Wilmslow
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Price Range: $84 - $161 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Airport Inn Manchester 3.5*
The Airport Inn Manchester is ideally located less than 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and is one of the prime hotels near Manchester Airport, just south of Manchester city centre. The hotel offers exclusive Stay & Fly Packages which include on-site Manchester Airport Parking and for a small charge, a 24 hour taxi service, transporting you to and from the airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow