“Good over night airport hotel”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed 16/12/12 over night with long stay airport parking. Parking was excellent no hastle and secure. Staff were excellent very helpful, food good. Room clean and adequte for an overnight stay, the only bad point was that the room was too hot and there was no control as a hot water pipe ran the lenght of it! But otherwise a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear guest,

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything about your stay to be adequate and pleasant. I’m pleased to read that our staff members were excellent and helpful during your stay and your meals were great too. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Airport Inn Manchester

996 - 1,000 of 1,357 reviews

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We used this venue for our wedding Receiption. Not only did we get an exstremly good price and package but we also got 5 star treatment. The wedding planning staff are just amazing there wasn't anything to small or big they wouldn't do for us. I felt as I should of like a princess. Our food was fabulose through out our hole day even tho we was running 1 hour behind! The hotel dj did an amazing job to! There is just so much I could say about our day but the biggest thank you to them to. Our room was lovley very clean and tidy! All in all they are on par with a 5 * service in your posh hotels! I was attended to the hole day as my husband children and guests! 3 week later my friend got married at a large state Mannor hotel cost a fortune and it was nothing to ours no help cold food and she did all her self! We was very lucky to have such wounderful staff and hotel! From setting our room up to changing it over mid way for night time changing our night buffet food to what we wanted I even got slippers from them to sit down and eat my meal so my feet didn't get saw which was such a lovely gesture I loved it, they are a fab lot and we still go for lunch and to see them all if your planning a WEDDIND this is a MUST to check you will not be let down.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Snowqueeeen

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that throughout your time with us you enjoyed it immensely, found everything to your liking and felt as though you were treated like royalty and found us to be good value for money. We strive to deliver the best service to our guests and I’m extremely happy to read that we achieved this during your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport during January 2013.

On arrival, there were loads of spaces in the car park. Always handy.

Check-in was fast and efficient.

When i got to my room, i was really surprised how small it was. It must but the smallest Holiday Inn room i have ever stayed in. I had booked a double room, but the bed was pushed up to the wall, only giving access to the bed on one side. The bed side table was just big enough to hold the room telephone, and nothing else. The desk had no legs (Presumably as they would have taken up too much space), it was just a large deep shelf.

The decor of the room was up to date and it was reasonably clean.

The bathroom was tiny. I'm sure you could have sat on the toilet, washed your feet in the bath and your hair in the sink all at the same time. There wasn't even a shelf in the bathroom. The tumblers were on the side on the sink and the toiletries on the toilet cistern. Leaving absolutely no room for any of my items. The bathroom also had quite a bit of mould on the tiles and in the grouting.

Breakfast was ok. The maitre d' was quite grumpy, never broke in a smile with any quest. Cereals / cooked items were good, but the juice and coffee was from a machine. (Quite cheap tasting).

Not a bad hotel, but not a good one either. Rooms are ok for one night, but are quite disappointing for a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The Crowne Plaza is much better and is often the same price.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m pleased to read that there instances of your stay that you enjoyed but I’m concerned to read that you found your overall stay disappointing. Your comments about your room and breakfast have been noted and will be discussed further.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I've just had a work training meeting here and I found the hotel fine.
The food is very good although i do find some things far too salty for my taste. I left my scrambled eggs at breakfast because they just tasted of pure salt and I noticed the egg sandwiches served later on at our buffet were the same. This isn't the first hotel I've had to comment on the salt though, I just wish the chef's would stop pouring tons of salt into everything they cook, it's not healthy!! The flapjacks served at afternoon tea were wonderful though.
Although this place isn't the most modern I found it clean and tidy, both my own room and the conference room. The staff are very friendly and really helpful which is one of the main reasons we'll be returning later in the year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be clean with helpful team members. I’m pleased that you also enjoyed your food a great deal despite some items being too salty. Your comments have been noted and will be shared with our restaurant team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I am used to staying at Holiday Inns on a regular basis across the UK, manily for business.

Used this hotel on the 3rd January as it is near the Airport, sadly not a great experience, the room we stayed in was not clean, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, lots of fluff around the edges of the carpet (either their hoover does not work or their housekeeping nevers bothers), but worse the bathroom floor was dirty.

As we arrived late we decided to keep the room (we should have asked to change), I would inform check out the next morning, but gues what three young staff on duty at 6.30am, young gent behind reception never asked "how was your stay or was everything OK". we left but vowed never to return, shame really as location is fine but the Hotel need TLC and is looking tired in the Rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m very sorry to read that your recent stay with us was disappointing and various issues marred your opinion of our hotel. It is unacceptable to allow our guests to stay in a room that has not been properly serviced. Your comments have been noted for further consideration and I will ensure this does not happen again. I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, please email your name, room number and date of stay to gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com.

Once again, I am sorry that your stay was not to the standard we strive to deliver to our guests.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
2.6 km away
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!