“Great way to start a Holiday”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have used this Holiday Inn before for overnight and parking before a holiday. I stayed before flying to New York 29th July. Considering the type of Hotel it is and the transient guest list, it works very well. The staff on reception were very good and explained the system very well. Since my last visit they have moved from a service bus to a call up taxi. This worked very well, except the driver that took me out dropped me at T1 for a short walk to T3 and told me to wait there T1 on my return. The driver on return tried to pick me up at T3 and told me I was in the wrong place! We had a meal which was very good the restaurant staff were very approachable and friendly. I think this is excellent as it must be very difficult to keep up standards with all the comings and goings. The car-park seems as secure as it can be in the circumstances. I was 'joined up' for the Stay & Fly Club which will give discounts. Overall good value and a stress free start to a Holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ramsdenschippy
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

I am pleased to read that we helped kick start your holiday in a stress-free manner. I have passed your lovely comments on to our restaurant staff. We strive to deliver this standard of service to all our guests and it is worth all the effort when we get a response like yours.

I hope that you take advantage of your Stay and Fly Club membership as it will offer great discounts.

There are newer reviews for The Airport Inn Manchester

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by friendly staff, slight moment of concern when they thought our stay was just for the one night, not 2 wk parking as well. However, soon sorted and parking was OK. Rooms a bit small, slightly tired decor, but typical hotel chain room. We had evening meal there, which was quite good and served by very friendly staff. Only problem was noise from a school prom being held there, although it did stop at 12 we had a very early start and so would have appreciated a slightly longer sleep. Other reviews had mentioned taxis for the airport transfers, but this turned out to be a minibus that ran to a timetable (every 30 ins in our case), not on demand as I had understood. This resulted in us being at the airport about 45mins earlier than we had wanted. However, on balance, if we had to fly from Manchester we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly around the hotel; this is something we strive to always achieve in order to make our customers stay the best it can be.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next fly or just feel like a relaxing stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

There are 3 of us in our family and this hotel suited our needs really well! From excellent service at checking to a hassle free transfers to the airport . Give u a tip join the stay and fly premier club and the hotel staff will give u a voucher for 25% off your food and drink bill
A 2 course meal for 2 adults and a child with a round of drinks came to £40 which we thought was great value!
Recommended the nature walk it takes you on a trail to see the boundaries of the airport our little boy loved it :) got a amazing view of the planes .
The rooms are great my only niggle is that the bathroom could have done with a refurb but that didn't really bother us.
Hotel was efficient wake up call at 3 am as we asked and when we got down to reception at that ungodly hour the gentleman on reception was lovely and friendly wished us a great holiday and was chatting to our little one!
Overall this hotel made the start of our holiday fab will use again was clean and comfy and staff were more than accommodating ! Everything u need for overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you and your family had such a pleasant stay with us prior to your holiday. We are especially proud of our Park and Fly club as it offers brilliant services to our customers.

We strive to give the best service possible to our customers from our wake-up calls to the quality of our food. When you stay with a Holiday Inn hotel the children will eat for free in the restaurant providing parents are also eating a main course meal and the child is under 13.

I am happy that we helped your holiday start well and I hope to welcome you all back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Arriving at the hotel i was almost excited about what would be inside as from the outside looks more like a grand country manor than a hotel. My excitement soon faded. Room was quite small, with truly awful old fashioned wardrobe and units from the seventies ! Old crt television, remote control not working. Badly peeling wallpaper around the radiator. Room was on ground floor with windows overlooking the gardens - which means having to keep curtains closed for privacy. Also when will Holiday Inn learn that two single beds pushed together is NOT a double bed !!! In the bathroom, there was lots of mould around the edge of the ceiling. Wifi was available but at a charge. The bar / restaurant area was quite nice though, with lots of comfy seats. The bar itself though closes at 23.15 ?? Why ?? Breakfast in the morning was self service with a good selection of food - though the hot items could have been paid a little attention to by staff as we must have arrived sometime after last customer, as all the beans, mushrooms, egs etc had a hard dry skin over the top.
All in all, excellent location for airport, the main setback is the rooms themselves are in desperate need of some tlc and urgently need dragging out of the 70's with new furniture, tv's, etc.

Room Tip: Dont have ground floor !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Your comments on our rooms have been taken into consideration but we are currently in the stages of getting the bedrooms updated in stages over the next five years. The update would include new flat screen televisions being installed later in the year.

Our bar closes according to how many people are still drinking or who still require drinks, so the time often varies night to night. If the bar closes because there are only a small number of people then we do offer a night porter service.

The room you stayed in is a family room and the beds we use there are called Zip and Link.
They enable us to offer either twin or double beds due to availability. The beds are fastened together and are secure but there is a natural seam. Combined, the Zip and Link bed becomes larger than a king size.

Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Ok, so the stairwell still smells of damp and there's no Internet access in the rooms but it's clean and quiet, a good place to crash and whilst I wouldn't dine there in the evening, the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the breakfast to be enjoyable.

I am sorry you found the stairwell to smell of damp, I will speak to maintenance and ensure that we are doing all we can to eradicate this issue.

Regarding your internet access if you did not purchase a WiFi pass you would not be able to access the internet in your room. However we are sometimes unlucky enough to experience a receiver unit that trips out.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

General Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
2.6 km away
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!