USD 81
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 93/night.

USD 173
USD 154
Heatherlea Guest House(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
USD 108
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Priceline
1,521 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by friendly staff, slight moment of concern when they thought our stay was just for the one night, not 2 wk parking as well. However, soon sorted and parking was OK. Rooms a bit small, slightly tired decor, but typical hotel chain room. We had evening meal there, which was quite good and served by very friendly staff. Only problem was noise from a school prom being held there, although it did stop at 12 we had a very early start and so would have appreciated a slightly longer sleep. Other reviews had mentioned taxis for the airport transfers, but this turned out to be a minibus that ran to a timetable (every 30 ins in our case), not on demand as I had understood. This resulted in us being at the airport about 45mins earlier than we had wanted. However, on balance, if we had to fly from Manchester we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly around the hotel; this is something we strive to always achieve in order to make our customers stay the best it can be.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next fly or just feel like a relaxing stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

There are 3 of us in our family and this hotel suited our needs really well! From excellent service at checking to a hassle free transfers to the airport . Give u a tip join the stay and fly premier club and the hotel staff will give u a voucher for 25% off your food and drink bill
A 2 course meal for 2 adults and a child with a round of drinks came to £40 which we thought was great value!
Recommended the nature walk it takes you on a trail to see the boundaries of the airport our little boy loved it :) got a amazing view of the planes .
The rooms are great my only niggle is that the bathroom could have done with a refurb but that didn't really bother us.
Hotel was efficient wake up call at 3 am as we asked and when we got down to reception at that ungodly hour the gentleman on reception was lovely and friendly wished us a great holiday and was chatting to our little one!
Overall this hotel made the start of our holiday fab will use again was clean and comfy and staff were more than accommodating ! Everything u need for overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you and your family had such a pleasant stay with us prior to your holiday. We are especially proud of our Park and Fly club as it offers brilliant services to our customers.

We strive to give the best service possible to our customers from our wake-up calls to the quality of our food. When you stay with a Holiday Inn hotel the children will eat for free in the restaurant providing parents are also eating a main course meal and the child is under 13.

I am happy that we helped your holiday start well and I hope to welcome you all back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Arriving at the hotel i was almost excited about what would be inside as from the outside looks more like a grand country manor than a hotel. My excitement soon faded. Room was quite small, with truly awful old fashioned wardrobe and units from the seventies ! Old crt television, remote control not working. Badly peeling wallpaper around the radiator. Room was on ground floor with windows overlooking the gardens - which means having to keep curtains closed for privacy. Also when will Holiday Inn learn that two single beds pushed together is NOT a double bed !!! In the bathroom, there was lots of mould around the edge of the ceiling. Wifi was available but at a charge. The bar / restaurant area was quite nice though, with lots of comfy seats. The bar itself though closes at 23.15 ?? Why ?? Breakfast in the morning was self service with a good selection of food - though the hot items could have been paid a little attention to by staff as we must have arrived sometime after last customer, as all the beans, mushrooms, egs etc had a hard dry skin over the top.
All in all, excellent location for airport, the main setback is the rooms themselves are in desperate need of some tlc and urgently need dragging out of the 70's with new furniture, tv's, etc.

Room Tip: Dont have ground floor !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Your comments on our rooms have been taken into consideration but we are currently in the stages of getting the bedrooms updated in stages over the next five years. The update would include new flat screen televisions being installed later in the year.

Our bar closes according to how many people are still drinking or who still require drinks, so the time often varies night to night. If the bar closes because there are only a small number of people then we do offer a night porter service.

The room you stayed in is a family room and the beds we use there are called Zip and Link.
They enable us to offer either twin or double beds due to availability. The beds are fastened together and are secure but there is a natural seam. Combined, the Zip and Link bed becomes larger than a king size.

Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Ok, so the stairwell still smells of damp and there's no Internet access in the rooms but it's clean and quiet, a good place to crash and whilst I wouldn't dine there in the evening, the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the breakfast to be enjoyable.

I am sorry you found the stairwell to smell of damp, I will speak to maintenance and ensure that we are doing all we can to eradicate this issue.

Regarding your internet access if you did not purchase a WiFi pass you would not be able to access the internet in your room. However we are sometimes unlucky enough to experience a receiver unit that trips out.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Airport hotels can often be very expensive, impersonal and not particularly friendly. That cannot be said for the Holiday Inn. Everyone from the reception and bar staff to the cleaners were friendly and helpful (my flight was changed and I arrived 5 hours early -they made me welcome and looked after my luggage while I went out). Food and wine are of a particularly good quality (if a tad expensive) while the rooms are comfortable. There is a very nice swimming pool - although the Sauna and steam room were a bit pathetic. The big USP of this hotel is that it is in the Bollin Valley and next to a footpath which leads you into the beautiful Style Wood. It also meets up with the runway if you're into plane spotting. Very pleasant stay - best airport hotel I've found in Manchester

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
QMHManager, General Manager at Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving such wonderful feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

We strive to ensure that all of our staff make our guests feel comfortable and at home whatever the situation and I am very happy to read that this was the case for you. I have passed your kind words onto our staff.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our Bollin Valley and Style Wood. We often receive compliments about them as they are indeed unique to us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.