Stayed here before an early morning flight to Orlando on a park & stay package, car was absolutely fine for the 2 weeks, no problems there. Taxi service to the airport was ok, bit chaotic really, as the previous poster says lots of hotel guests were waiting for taxis at same time (included free in the park & fly package) and even though we had booked ours when checking in the afternoon before for 4.30am, it didn't arrive until 4.45am, I too had to go ask at reception where it was as other guests were being picked up while we stood and waited, one couple had only ordered theirs that morning and were picked up before us!!?? So it was a bit stressful hanging around when you know you have to be checking in at the airport.
The family room we had was tiny with old bashed about furniture, but the bed was huge (too big for such a small room) and with a sofa bed squashed right next to it. It was also very dark and felt a bit claustrophobic but we were only staying one night so for that reason it was fine, main thing was it was clean. I wouldn't like to spend any length of time in it though because of the size & being so dark. It's also true about the walls being paper thin, I never sleep very well before an early flight anyway so I was conscious of everyone that walked by our room and there seemed to be someone that sounded like they were washing dishes behind our bed!! I know there was a door next to our room that wasn't a door to another room but perhaps was the cleaners cupboard but I couldn't understand why they would be washing dishes late at night??!! Luckily it didn't disturb the rest of my family who are all, luckily, heavy sleepers!
We used the pool, this was lovely, large & very clean.
Never had a meal in hotel, left before breakfast and we drove into Altrincham (about 10mins drive if that) the night before and had a delicious meal in the slug & lettuce, very reasonable and tasty!
To sum up ok for one night before an early flight but don't expect a lie in if you have a later flight!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Airport Inn Manchester is ideally located less than 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and is one of the prime hotels near Manchester Airport, just south of Manchester city centre. The hotel offers exclusive Stay & Fly Packages which include on-site Manchester Airport Parking and for a small charge, a 24 hour taxi service, transporting you to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow
- Manchester Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Wilmslow
- Wilmslow Holiday Inn