“Our favourite local Indian”
Review of Sharod

Sharod
Ranked #40 of 276 Restaurants in Ilford
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I'm an Essex ex pat and every time I head home a trip to the Sharod is essential. No other Indian restaurant has measured up in my eyes...I highly recommend the prawn puree & lamb byriani.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Good food in comfortable old style restaurant. Personally I prefer this type of restaurant to all the new contemporary style trendy places. House wine very good. Staff attentive, couldn't do enough. Gave us a drink on the house and a little gift when we left. Excellent evening.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

First time time we've​ used the Sharod and fancied getting a delivered takeaway.

40 mins later, we're tucking into the best Indian takeaway we've ever had. Great service, great value and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Dined out with a friend, hearing it this place has somewhat of a good reputation. I must at this point highlight that the language spoken by management in the this establishment is Bengali, one which I too am fluent in. I would have left at the point when I heard the owner/manager speaking to staff with total disrespect. For me, I am not happy to part with money to people who are undeserved of it, thinking they are somehow special. And all this before the food arrives.

The food...... all the same flavour. Could there be a worse meaning to options or choice. Everything caked with the same curry sauce base!!! Have had many curries over my days, this would be up there as the worst ever. And at those extortionate prices!?! Never again.

Very poor food and I really felt for the staff who appear to want the work more than dignity.

1  Thank AnwarEssex
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Although if you look hard enough you can see the cracks, Sharod has a great character if you like that sort of thing. All of the waiters are dressed smartly and although over the years we've been visiting we had the odd waiter that wasn't switched on, the regular guys are very friendly and attentive. The food is 'good'. I've had a lot of Indian food from different places and Sharod is definitely one of the better ones. Even when you finish your dinner, there's no rush to go. There's often 'treats' for the kids and adults which although not specifically charged for on your bill is probably reflected in the price but it's not the most expensive restaurant I've been to.
Ideal for family trips and as a 'regular'.